Cumulative elevation

I am looking for a data field that can show the cumulative climb/descent of an activity.

At present I can find data fields that show my elevation, or a graphic elevation history, but no fields that can show my  metres climbed like I can see in Connect after an activity. 

• What device do you have?  Some watches with a baro altimeter have ascent and descent data fields.  For devices without a baro. there is elevation correction applied (by default) uploaded to Garmin Connect.

• As Jim said, watches with a baro have built-in total ascent and descent data fields. For watches without a baro, Garmin does not show this data as a native data field, probably because it's going to be incorrect without elevation correction.

However, if you still want this info, I have a Total Ascent data field in the CIQ store which just shows the total ascent as reported by the watch. Keep in mind it's not going to be very accurate without a baro.

apps.garmin.com/.../2bc8b0c1-dd83-4679-96f1-0ae2a0925920

• I've done tests with watches without a baro, and things like ascent can be off by 10x.  That's why do don't see native DFs with this info.

• I've done tests with watches without a baro, and things like ascent can be off by 10x.  That's why do don't see native DFs with this info.

Thanks. I mentioned that it would be inaccurate twice, although to be fair I didn't specify by how much. It also says words to that effect on the store page:

"NOTE on accuracy: Total ascent is provided by the watch (not calculated by the app). If the watch does not have a barometric altimeter (e.g. most Forerunners), then elevation data comes from GPS data, which may not be totally accurate."

There's also reviews on app store which state it isn't very accurate, which I also agreed with.

For watches without a baro, Garmin does not show this data as a native data field, probably because it's going to be incorrect without elevation correction.
    However, if you still want this info, I have a Total Ascent data field in the CIQ store which just shows the total ascent as reported by the watch. Keep in mind it's not going to be very accurate without a baro.

"Keep in mind it's not going to be very accurate without a baro"

Not that it matters but I made the data field because people asked for it.

I told them it wouldn't be accurate and they said they wanted it anyway. So now that someone else is asking about it, I'm offering as it option, with the clear stipulation that it's not going to be very accurate.

Maybe I should just remove it from the store and avoid this kind of conversation in the future.

• I only tested my DataField on my FR935 which has a baro. There are comulative ascend and descend in the datafield. I am not sure whether it is close to the real numbers on devices without a baro. But you can have a try if you wanted.

DataField for Hike