Running App Idea

I am looking to create a running app for Garmin watches that does the 1:2 ratio running workout. The 1:2 work to rest ratio is a running work out where you sprint 60 seconds than walk  2 minutes (60:120) or sprint 30 seconds and walk 60 seconds(30:60). I want it to have most of the features the Garmin running app already has.

Things I would like the app to do:

1. when starting the app it opens all the data screens
  2. options with data screens, GPS distance tracking, timer, pace, lap,heart rate, music controls, pretty much everything the running app already does
  3. I want the user to be able to choose how many of each ratio they want to do(0-20) and choose which order(60:120 then 30:60 or 30:60 then 60:120). Example: 60:120 5 times and 30:60 5 times; 30:60 5 times and 60:120 5 times.
  4. The watch would need to vibrate and beep to alert user at each transition. Start, at 60 seconds and then after 120 seconds repeating how ever many repetitions the user chose then alerting user the change in ratio.

The watch would calculate total distance ran, heart rate and be able to publish work out to Garmin Connect app and others like Strava.

Any ideas or input would be helpful thanks.

• The point  2 is the hardest, if you want something like the default running activity ... choosing the number of screens, the layout the number of datafield... it seems very hard and you will spend many times (hundreds od hours) and many memory and the memory is a critical resource!

In my mind it is impossible do to that for 'old' devices (fr920m fenix 3, fr235...).

Maybe, you can do something more simple in a first time: let s say 2 screens with 4 datafields, and in the app setups (or from a web-app), you let the possibiliy to the user to customise the 2 screens:

screen1 top left datafield = dist

screen1 top right datafield = lap time

• looks like the only item which is not in the native garmin app is just #3. #4 would just be a typical workout from the garmin workout builder?

• Great input thanks!