Connecting to a wearable device

I am a mechanical engineer that during the last year developed a sensor able to track hydration through sweat. I am currently looking to develop a Watch App on Garmin (since my target are high endurance athletes) that can receive the values from the BLE wearable device that I have. Those values should be plotted or shown on the screen. My device measures body temperature and hydration status. My idea is just to develop a simple Watch App that can show the values that are being sent from my wearable device so that the user can keep track of those values. I have a service UUID, a config UUID and three more characteristics: 1)Temperature, 2) Hydration, 3) Battery Status of the wearable. 

Do you think it is possible to connect an external BLE device to the Garmin watch? (On my mind, I think it will be just adjusting the UUIDs and reusing the code from the NordicThingy52) 

If anybody is interested on participate into this project, connect with me through private message Slight smile

• That's probably close, but some if depends on how the sensor works.  For example, do you want to read the data, or have the sensor notify the watch when it changes (or both)

The CIQ end would be quite simple.  You may want to think about doing this a a data field instead of a  app or widget, and then write the data to the fit and then have a graph on GC/GCM.

• The sensors are sending the data (advertising mode) every 2 seconds. So the watch app should be reading that every 2 seconds. Since this App just needs to read the values and show them on the screen, I think everything is quite simple for now.