I would like to see an app that displays tyrewiz data. There is one already, but it does not work well if at all.

Anyone out there with interest in developing such an app?

• Or better yet, adding tyrewiz as a sensor rather than using the app/datafield to connect to the Tyrewiz directly. Which I think is what is causing the issues.

• https://www.quarq.com/product/tyrewiz/

Thats. Really pricey solution for monitoring tyre pressure. I tot they already said that there's an app and can connect to Cycling computers? Is there a sample link of the app or what not? 

Just curious as to what data it will provide and recommendation or actions that the user will do with that data. Also, that thing looks huge and being permanently affixed to the valve seems like aerSmiledeficient. Also, won't you need 2x? One for each wheel. That would be Usd300. SmileSweat smile

tyrewiz also seem not to have ANT+ only BLE which limits connection capability to only select Garmin products unless I'm mistaken. 

Usd199 is a lot of money to acquire one to do developing and testing tho. 

Just an my opinion. 

• There is an app, it is not great. To me (who has not done any ANT+ programming) it looks like some timeout setting is not correct, as I have to reboot my watch (FR945) before I can use it every time.
    If Garmin added it as a sensor then it would be a lot easier to create datafields using the Activity call. The big issue here is that the TPMS profile has not been ratified by ANT+ yet, so unless that happens I don't think it can be added as a Sensor.

It also does have ANT+ and BLE, and the price is $199 for a pair (I picked up mine for a lot cheaper, which is what I think they are worth)

• Great that you’ve got it cheap. The developer may not hence the opportunity for him/her to do developing it will be tough esp if there’s no way to simulate. 

You say it is not ratified by ANT+, so how does one get the DEVICE_TYPE or the Timeout/Period of transmit? Those are stated in the ANT+ documentation or do you know?

btw - what’s the link to the app?

i do wonder what’s the demographic / # of users for this device and what’s the ROI on developing for such a device if user only willing to pay 5 bucks? 

• Some great questions.

I only just got access to the ANT+ forums where I discovered that TPMS is not ratified. Not being an ANT+ developer  I can only guess that it's something to do a timeout/period of transmit.

The existing app is https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/27b4323e-0c38-44d2-8135-5241a08e5aa4

In regards to ROI.. I'd say you wont be buying any fancy new toys Slight smile

• Thanks for the link to the app. Such a disgrace for such an expensive piece of hardware and looking at the # of downloads = 770 ( which may not be unique downloads as well as includes app reinstall or app updates)

I am just dabbling my feet into direct ANT+ connection (to support Stryd Run Power Pods) on NON-Power enabled watches (like the Forerunner 245 series) and was thinking give this a try, but w/o the Device TYPE or Period etc, i'm not sure how to get it to work esp since I don't even have the hardware.

(Even i have the Stryd Pod, it still took a lot of trawling in ANT+ profile and PDFs etc to figure out how to do the connection)