Sending tracks from Garmin Connect Mobile to Oregon 700

Hi!

While using my Oregon 700 when travelling by bicycle, every now and then, I'd like to send GPS tracks to my device.

When travelling by bicycle, a computer is usually something that is not available, which means that sending tracks to my device is something really hard Disappointed

I'd expect that the ability to send tracks through Garmin Connect would be straight forward, but, while trying to do it, I get an error saying "your device doesn't support tracks". It seems really strange, as the device supports Bluetooth, WiFi, Ant+ ...

Having this kind of connectivity and not allowing a "simple" operation as sending a GPS track to the device via the mobile app is, for me, unexpected.

Is it something you're planning to implement in a near future?

Thank You,

Joao

• Hi there,

I too am surprised that with the combination of my iPhone with Garmin Connect and my Oregon 700 I am not able to transfer a GPS track from my phone to Garmin. While traveling this function is essential for me.

I loaded the GPX in garmin connect as a track (in Dutch: Koers). When I choose to send the track to device, my Oregon 700 is listed as Not Compatible. 

I find it difficult to understand the reason for this incompatibility.
    The Oregon 700 is perfectly capable of retrieving things like geocaches from my phone. Transferring a GPX track and having it appear in track management should technically not be an issue.

Please help us out.

Many thanks,

Rene

• Hi ,

I managed to send a GPX from my iPhone to my Garmin. You do need a subscription to Wikiloc. It would be good if this could be done directly from Garmin connect (free of costs). Then again, Wikilic gives you access to nice routes you can use. 

This is how I did it.

1. On thephone: Add Wikiloc Trails in Garmin connect. This installs the app in your Garmin
    2. Download the GPX on the Phone (e.g. from an e-mail)
    3. connect to wikiloc.com in a browser (I did not find a way to do this in the App)
    4. choose Upload your trail
    5. Folow the steps in the wizard
    6. On your Garmin home screen select IQ
    7. On your Garmin: start the wikilo app. This will connect to the app on your phone
    8. In the Wikicoloc app on the phone: find the uploaded route (profile - your routes); Select the route; select Send to Garmin
    9. In the Wikicoloc app on the phone:This shows Ready to download
    10. On the Garmom: select continue (twice)
    11. The GPX will be downloaded to your Garmin and appear in the Tracks list

Best regards,

René