Horse Riding App idea

Hi all, this is a little beyond me but I think it's a good idea so hopefully someone is up to the challenge (maybe even Garmin to make a horse edition of the Fenix ;) )

From what I can tell it should be possible to use the accelerometers to detect the current gait of a horse while riding (walk, trot, canter, gallop). Add to this a jump detection and it would potentially be very useful to people riding horses. Compare some of these to speed and you may find some interesting training use-cases for the horse or rider since some of these are more comfortable to ride.

Naturally it would also be useful to track the "mileage" of horses to ensure they are each getting sufficient exercise so pushing the data back to Connect and adding horse and equipment tracking would be useful too.

Any thoughts on whether this is workable or how to go about making a detection algorithm? I can't see a good way to capture enough accelerometer data to train an ML model for such detection so perhaps this is a bigger problem than just a watch app?