This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Create a new custom training plan?

I'd like to be able to create my own training plan instead of using one in the existing library. I can't find any mention of being able to do this...either in the web UI(no "create new training plan" feature), or in GTC, or by uploading some text version of a training plan. Have I just not found the right solution, or does this functionality simply not exist yet?

Right now I'm manually creating the individual workouts and adding them to the calendar, but this solution can't take advantage of modifying them as a group(shifting the entire schedule) or visually grouping them together(they look just like other workouts in the calendar view). Would be nice to be able to share the entire plan with the community as well.
  • Yes x1000.

If I could just create a .csv that could be uploaded as a training plan then I would promote Garmin Connect above all other sites (e.g. Training Peaks, Beginner Triathlete, etc).

Heck, I don't even care if you can't share the workout like you can on JeFit...although that would be nice.

So get on it Garmin!!!
  • Agreed. Garmin need to provide us with the ability to create our own training plans, this is a major limiter of the existing tool.
  • Adding to the thread because I agree as well!

It would be really nice to create our own training plans instead of creating individual workouts or having to purchase training plans through a third-party. I feel like there should already be a feature that does this that I'm overlooking?
  • Completely agree!!!
    I have also tried to find out how to create my own training plan.
  • I have also tried to find out how to create my own training plan.

Currently it seems the only option is go to a site like RunningAHEAD.com for that capability.

Same thing if you want to do another very basic thing like track your shoe mileage.
  • I would love to have custom training plans too.
    Right now I can only add new workouts and schedule these. That works but I don't have them in the calendar on my garmin forerunner 620, so I have to select the next one manually from a list of workouts :(
  • +1

Also... There are tons of fantastic marathon xx-week-training plans out there. It would be fantastic if I easily could import them... Or in a future those plans are compatible for direct import into garmin connect cal. I am following a great one right now and it will be hell to program every workout one by one since none/few are another one alike. :/
  • +1

None of the existing plans are suitable for me, and I would not only like to create my plan but I would like to share it with others for free. If you had the option to create a plan and make it public, and there were many freely available plans on garmin connect from fellow users, a lot of business would be taken from competitors like trainingpeaks and more devices would be sold.
  • This feature would be fantastic!