This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will AMEX / American Express be supported by Garmin Pay

There was another thread on this that was locked without explanation.

If Garmin isn't able to support Amex cards on Garmin Pay an explanation would help their user-base. Many users are frustrated and the initial reaction is to think it is more about apathy rather than the more likely contract agreements, overhead or other financial costs associated with the network. 

Could we get some feedback from a representative on the situation that way the community can have closer? 

• There was another thread on this that was locked without explanation

AMEX is not currently part of Garmin Pay but we take AMEX when customers are buying from us directly. Whether or not AMEX is ever part of Garmin Pay is up to AMEX and not Garmin. We cannot force them to join Garmin Pay.

Forms of Payment Accepted by Garmin

I am locking this thread since an answer has been given and AMEX is not part of Garmin Pay at this time.

• Hi : I appreciate you responding to all the requests for Garmin to add AMEX.  I, however, politely disagree with the notion that it's AMEX's fault.  That makes no business sense.  Why wouldn't AMEX want to extend the reach of its card to every possible platform?  Like they're sitting around going - Applepay, Check.  Samsung Pay, Check.  Google Pay, Check.  Garmin Pay, Nah - not an affluent enough customer base (when your watches all cost at least as much if not more than Apple or Samsung watches).  More likely the answer is that Garmin does not want to pay the higher transaction fee AMEX charges (versus Visa or Discover), and AMEX is not going to budge or give sufficient discount because GARMIN Pay just doesn't have the reach as the aforementioned pay options.

As a potential buyer of the Garmin Descent MK2i, NOT having AMEX as part of GARMIN Pay has been a dealbreaker thus far.  May I encourage your bosses to pay AMEX's fee and get them on board.  Time for Garmin to join the 2020s.

• May I encourage your bosses to pay AMEX's fee and get them on board

I encourage you to reach out to AMEX and encourage them. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.