This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrupt FIT file - The following error occurred: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 151558, position 9.

I need help with a corrupt file.
Data shown in 'All Rides' in the Garmin 510 edge head unit but fails to sync.
Tried to repair using http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ but gives an error message as follows - Upload status: The file could not be uploaded. The following error occured: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 151558, position 9. 
PLEASE HELP
Regards,
Mandar
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to seilogramp

we had a look at the fit file

• only the first part with definitions is ok with two seconds of recorded data Slight smile
    • rest of the file contains no activity related data

as you already mentioned, you could import this file and use it the add your data manual

try this 4431.fitfiletools.zip

CU

• 2021-02-27-10-08-32.fit.zip

Hello All,

I've had a hard time uploading my 15 mile long run today but manually and via my mobile device. I tried using the free fit file repair tool and I got this error listed in the subject. I've attached the fit file to see if someone could kindly help me repair it it would most definitely be appreciated. I only have a mac so I can't use the other free software you have. to download.

Thanks all

• Hi all,

I'm dealing with the same issue as well I couldn't upload my 15.11 mile run this morning I've attached my zip file here to see id someone could help. I've tried the free tools on my mac and get the same error as the subject line on the free site  The thread above has my file linked. Much appreciated for any help

• Using Fit File Repair tool I could only recover about 1 mile of the activity. Seemed to come to an abrupt stop at the 9 minute mark with no "stop all" event or  summary data in the log

2021-02-27-10-08-32-fixed.zip

Maybe someone else can take a whack it it.

• Seilogramp. Thank you! I think I may stick with the manual entry then.  question I'm not sure if this has to do with internal storage but this watch is the Forerunner 245 Music. it says I have 3.26 Gigs left this is after seeing all the activity logs that are stored and music that is saved. AM I correct in assuming I still have enough storage without wiping the watch device? 

The only reason I stop is because of traffic lights. This is the first time this has ever happened to me

• The 245 is not normally an issue, but I would start with removing all files in the \GARMIN\ACTIVTY folder regardless of what it says is available, especially if you have chronic corrupt file issues.

Removing Recorded Activities on a Garmin Fitness Device

• Thanks for the insight I've deleted everything off from 2020 for the time being. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to AJB93

@ajb93 , @seilogramp mmm Garmin's Q&A platform is also in a corrupted state Smile

there is no additional data in the corrupted fit file

my two cents

• regardless of the free mem one sees as a user, inside it works as a seperate device using old file input-output
    • hence there are restrictions to the amount of file processing capabilities

CU

• Hi all (especially ),

I am having the exact same issue. I have already deleted a lot of my activity files as you stated in one of the replies for preventing this from happening in the future. I am wondering if someone would be able to take a look at one of my hikes:B3695441.zip

Thank you! 

• I am wondering if someone would be able to take a look at one of my hikes: 

Absolutely can, but need the file. Grinning Zip the fit file then Insert >> Image/video/file >> upload.

Or share with a sharing service and post the link