Sync problems: Training calendar runs don't show up, workouts don't sync at all

For the past few weeks I've been unable to get my training plan from Garmin Connect to show up correctly on my Forerunner 235. When I navigate on the watch to "Training Calendar", it says to download your training calendar from Garmin Connect. I've tried this a gazillion times. I've wiped the entire watch back to factory settings multiple times, I've canceled and deleted my training plans and restarted with a different plan... without fail, none of the workouts show up in the training calendar on the watch. They are, however, hiding in the workouts section.

I've also discovered that new workouts that I make online with Garmin Connect aren't being synced. I've specifically gone into the app, selected the individual workout, sent it to the device, and Garmin Connect says it worked, the watch shows a transfer successfully finishes... no new workouts.

Anyone else having similar issues? And any idea how to fix it? I'm getting frustrated, the calendar view on the watch is key to keeping me on track.
  • handsofblue asked this question 8 months ago. A Garmin representative responded 8 months ago saying this was a high priority item. The same complaints have been going on for 8 months (or more), and there has not been another response from Garmin in 8 months? I'm having the same issue as well. Given that I bought this watch with the expectation this feature would work, how is this not false advertising? It was a very expensive watch.

• I think I found the solution.... as a coincidence...  

My situation: I selected a marathon schedule from Garmin Express, filled in the race day and the system automatically added the schedule to my calendar. So far so good... But: no possibility to upload this to my FR 235 (not via Garmin Express and not via the app on my phone... ) 

What I did now: I manually created (on my phone) a workout for the first day of my marathon schedule. First 40 minutes easy run followed by 10 minutes of cool down. I saw the "send to device" icon so I send this to my FR... (I called this workout "test"). And guess what: suddenly I saw on my FR a whole series of running days and (at the end of the row, my "test" workout). Don't ask me where these running days came from... Haven't got a clue.... (these days - W1D1, W1D2, W1D3 etc -  were not my marathon data...) Then, I deleted manually all these running days, inluding my "test" workout.. So in "my workouts" I had nothing anymore, just the msg "download workouts from Garmin Connect". As a big coincidence, I then opened "Training Agenda" (where a had for months the message "download calendar from Garmin Connect") and.... suddenly my entire marathon schedule appeared, exactly like in my calendar!!! (at least for a month because the FR doesn't accept more data... but that I know and is no problem because at the end of this month I reload, and the next period appears). So, problem solved in my case. Hope this works also for the rest of you...

• Same problems with the 735XT.
    Today switched training on Garmin Connect from Thursday to Friday, updated the calendar and everything appeared neatly on the 735XT.

• Any update on getting workouts to download from connect to 735xt 
  • This JUST started happening to me. I don't see my workout calendar on both my Forerunner and Edge?
    It was working normally this morning. In the afternoon, my workouts wouldn't show on my devices. A while later, the "Connect" app on my iPhone told me there were server problems. Now the server problems are gone. But I still don't see my workout calendar entries on my device.

• This happened to me today. I just did the following and it worked. I entered a new random workout at the calendar and then I synced the watch and it updated everything

• Try to remove Rest steps from workouts and add them back from the phone app. It works for me.

• Me too.  Thus sucks.   In the middle of training plan and now it won't sync.   Went out for warm-up and got ready for time trial...spent minutes fidgeting to try to get it to sync, but failed.    Went back inside.    Where is Garmin on this???

• Same here since today. Yesterday everything worked fine. Today I cannot sync my workouts to the watch (fenix 6x). This REALLY SUCKS Garmin! It seems to be a server problem... EDIT: I deleted all rests from the strength workout and then it synced to my watch. As soon as I add back a rest (even only one) it doesn't sync anymore!