This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please add "Soccer" as an activity!

Can you please add Soccer as an activity? I'd be even happier if there could be indoor soccer, outdoor soccer, and soccer training. After all, if RC/Drone can be considered an activity, surely soccer would be too!

TIA/
  • There is no activity to choose for soccer (indoor/outdoor, or grass/Astro turf). Can this be added as an activity to choose from? I have a descent Mk1.

The motivation for this is that I many people wear their garmin watches whilst playing soccer, like me, but we have to create an “Other” type activity due to it not being there. There are a few problem with this: 1) you cannot trim "other“ type activities- I sometimes forget to press stop and I drive off from soccer and then it records my travel as distance, 2) soccer qualifies for an official activity, 3) other activities record elevation gains (which doesn’t make sense for soccer), 4) there are no soccer-specific metrics available (field type, players per team, ball size, etc), and 5) when using the HRM, it doesn’t track cadence and such information!

As a scuba diver I appreciate the single gas dive mode, just as a runner appreciates the treadmill mode!

please add a soccer activity to garmin connect (especially for the decent mk1- even though this may seem odd!)

• I have also submitted a request! I hope it gets added

• Soccer and basketball activities should be added!

• Please add soccer as an exercise

• I've found that using the treadmill function to track while playing indoor soccer gives me a good general mileage, HR, etc. baseline, I just switch the activity type to Soccer/Football in the garmin app on my phone afterwards. Seems like easiest method I've found

• After the last update to 16.17 on my FR 955 Solar, I can finally add “Soccer/Football” as an activity! At last, no more converting “Run” to “Soccer” Smiley

I have also observed that in the "Soccer" activity, I cannot add “Map” to my “Data Screens”; nevertheless, the map with my position is still being visible in the Connect app or on Strava, after I finish the workout.

• I have a Garmin 245 forerunner, hoping they also add football/soccer as an activity on here too!  Good news to hear some other Garmins have recently had this updated!

• Yes, it is good news. The reality is that Garmin typically does not put these new features on older watches. Soccer is currently on epix Pro, fenix 7 Pro, Forerunner 255, 265, 955, 965, and Instinct 2X. All of these with release dates of June 2022 or later. The Forerunner 245 was released in 2019.

One can only hope and put in a request on the Share Ideas | Garmin site.

• Hmmm, sounds unlikely then that that will happen for the forerunner 245.  Thanks, though, have put in a request through your link…