Garmin Connect Badges Not Being Awarded

Former Member
Former Member

Thank you for the ongoing discussion regarding the new badges. We have been following these discussions and are investigating why some badges have not been awarded as expected.

We have created this thread to track reports of badges not displaying in accounts. Please post here if you did not receive a badge as expected, and provide:

• Badge Type
  • Link to the activity (Privacy set to Everyone)
  • Any other details (such as social media platform you shared an activity to or linked your account with)
  • Do we have permission to view your account data while investigating this issue through our Administrative Tools (Yes/No)?

If you have previously posted about a badge not being awarded, thank you for doing so and there is no need to post again about that specific badge. We are investigating each of those reports and will reach out with any new information individually. We request that posts in this thread be saved for NEW reports of badges not being awarded to aid us in tracking these appropriately.

Thank you for the continued discussion and your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

**************************************************************************************************** *****************************************************************************

06/19/2018: A new update has been posted here.

• Got it. Bummer that you can't grab them all in an activity. Thanks for explaining!

• Hi. I did a 60 km bicycle ride and did not get 300 intensity badge or any intensity badge. I imported the activity from another watch to my account. But the watches owner (who did not ride the bike) still got the intensity badge, even after deleting the riding activity from his account. So my problem is that I did not get the intensity badge I deserved, but my friend got it by not doing the activity. Pls help.

Link to my activity is here: connect.garmin.com/.../8962616109

• Intensity minutes are calculated on the device so it is not possible to get intensity minutes by importing activities. Intensity minutes is not even based on an activity. The logged heart rate is what is used for calculating them. That is why he still have the badge even after deleting the activity. The heart rate has been uploaded to his account and not yours. 

• Hello Garmin

I am experiencing the issue of unrewarded badge.

I did earn the July 2022 300k steps. But surprisingly the badge that is rewarded with 2 points was not rewarded.

My total points should be 228 instead of 226.

Can please help fix the issue?

Great thanks in advance.

Amadou 

• Have you counted the points for all badges to see if the sum really is incorrect? Sometimes you can lose a badge under certain circumstances. Especially if you take those country specific badges where you change your country setting. 

You can use my site to see the total points. It reads all badges awarded to you and calculates the total points: https://garminbadges.com

• My total points should be 228 instead of 226.

I have noticed on several occasions, that the sum of points updates with a delay sometimes. Try refreshing the page, or just check next day.

• Hi Garmin team,

• Badge Type: "Some like it hot" (activity with temp of 38°C+)
    • Link to the activity (Privacy set to Everyone): connect.garmin.com/.../9336313921
    • Do we have permission to view your account data while investigating this issue through our Administrative Tools (Yes/No)?: Yes, please

According to the statistics, the avg. temp is 38,0°C, so from my understanding, I should get the badge. Could you please help me?

Thanks!

• According to the statistics, the avg. temp is 38,0°C,

Only the temperature shown on the map matters, and you have 30°C there:

• And temperature is checked only at start of an activity. For longer run you can split it.

Click on temp to expand, then you see code/name of a weather station, search it on internet, so you can check if temp was high and when.

• Hello,

I have a question about the August Walking badge. This one says that you have to walk 30 miles (48,3Km) during August. Does it considered only "Walk" ativeis or does it considered also the "Hiking" (since this also walking?) ?

Because for example in my activity of August I have this ( I only did this, nothing more):

Data Tipo de atividade Distância Km
    08/08/2022 07:52 Hiking 2,46
    07/08/2022 09:16 Hiking 1,2
    07/08/2022 07:48 Walking 1,98
    06/08/2022 08:08 Hiking 2,95
    05/08/2022 07:54 Hiking 2,11
    04/08/2022 07:47 Hiking 2,23
    03/08/2022 07:49 Hiking 2,3
    02/08/2022 07:49 Hiking 1,98
    01/08/2022 13:44 Walking 1,3
    01/08/2022 07:47 Hiking 1,83

So the total of walking is 3.28 Km

But the badge is assuming 9,9 km, so where it get's the rest of Km ? 

Thank you for you attention, 

Kind Regards

Nidia