This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 810 wont sync via Bluetooth

I get "upload failed" message on my edge

What I've tried so far
Removed all activities from edge
Factory reset the edge
updated firmware to beta on the edge
removed/forget devices from phone & edge settings
removed ios app
rebooted phone
rebooted garmin
re downloaded app
changed password
tryed to sync on PC with Garmin Express
I note there was an IOS app update last night - still wont work

please help me not to have to use a cable
  • This!

I am having this same problem.
  • Respond!

I am having this same problem.

GARMIN! This is an invitation to respond! What the **** should I do? I had to clear my entire device and it still wont snyc.
  • I am having this same problem.

Been having the same problem since Sunday on my Edge 1000, so this problem occurs regardless of device. I wrote to Garmin, hopefully they are working on a fix. So far no reply though.
  • Same for me, installed the latest connect mobile app to have multiple devices and correct sync and connectivity issues. Ever since I've not been able to sync anything.
  • Having the same problem. If anyone has a solution (other than connecting Edge to computer with cable), please post!
  • Delete all activities on the device helped me.

After the next ride my upload was immediately successful. And after that the upload failed, but the sync that kicked in completed successfully several seconds later.
  • 9/10 Update Didn't Help

Today's GC iOS app update didn't resolve the problem either. I deleted the app entirely, re-paired all my Garmin devices, and even deleted all past rides as somebody else suggested. No dice. This is laughable at this point. Garmin builds fine hardware, but really stinks on mobile/wireless support.
  • We are aware of an issue where Edge devices that are paired with iPhones and iPads are showing 'upload failed' on the Edge when syncing with Connect Mobile while the application say may sync complete but the newly synced information does not show in the application. We are working to get this corrected as quickly as possible in a future application update and in the mean time you can sync with Garmin Express until the issue has been resolved.

We certainly do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused!
    1. I have exactly same issue all the time.  It is far too annoying, so am thinking of ditching Garmin after loyally using Garmin for years.   User Interface really needs improving.  
  • Hi guys,

unfortunately the above seems exactly the same issue that I have ran into with my Edge 810 today.

My iPhone is up to date, the firmware on my edge is on the latest version 6.30.

The edge is connected with Connect and seems to kick of the synchronisation, but fails everytime.

I have removed the device from the Connect app and also the phone from the edge, turned off blue tooth and wifi, restarted both devices and connected them again.

Also checked the Bluetooth in the Connect app as for after the ios update.

All to no avail, upload fails.

Hope this is something that can be fixed. 
    Using the 810 for a long time with much satisfaction. And Forerunner 230 and now FX735XT as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!