This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive unable to upload golf course

device find desired golfcourse but after upload nothing changes.. the course first ever uploaded is used.. :(
  • Can't delete or add new courses to the watch

I have also found this to be an issue. I am not able to swipe/hold in order to delete a course (iPhone 6). I can't see more than five courses on the watch, although there are more than five on my phone. Nor do the courses populate the web based garmin connect space. Any help appreciated.

****************Update*****************
    I spoke with Garmin today, they were extremely helpful. Here are their answers:
    1. It is true the watch will only hold 5 courses. The phone app will hold plenty (100ish). However, the phone will move the closest 5 courses to your watch based on your GPS location. So, if you have 20 courses on the phone, the closest 5 courses to your location will appear on your watch. I tested this by adding a course to the iPhone app that I knew was closer than the 5 courses currently on my watch and the closer course appeared on the watch while the furthest course was removed.
    2. If you are concerned you may not have data at some remote course, you can preload the courses onto your watch by having only 5 courses in the app. In order to do this you may need to delete courses. On the iPhone you can delete courses by swiping left in the 'downloaded golf courses' page. However, you have to swipe left with TWO fingers! Garmin and Apple are working on this issue, but the TWO fingers is somehow the workaround? Hope this helps.
  • Did you find a solution fir this issue? I am having the same problem. I can see thisbis an old posr but hoping you csn help Fingers crossed

• I have been having a similar problem. I will put your theory to a test.

• To delete a course from Garmin Connect App:
    1. On Android - press and hold course and select Delete (trash can icon)
    2. On iOS - swipe left on course and select Delete.
  • I tried this yesterday - but the 5 closest courses that it gave as options in the golf activity in the watch were not courses I had even downloaded. And the one I had just downloaded to Connect on my phone - which I was standing on, therefore the closest, was not an option to choose in my watch. The phone & watch were connected and all other data was syncing from watch to phone. 

Now at home and tried again - downloading a course to Connect that I know is very nearby. Again, the course does not show up on my watch

• know this is way out of date,  but just in case it helps anyone.  My garmin was working fine finding the course then it stopped doing so, stuck with the transferring data message.  I later found there was a GPS update waiting to be applied.  

updated the watch and then it worked fine again.

• It seems that those golf courses which are downloaded to Garmin Connect app are those that golf widget in Vivoactive 4 is using when used. So if you download courses to your Garmin Golf app, they don't upload to your Vivoactive 4 watch...

• This happens every time at my home golf course. The way around it is you have to sync on the connect app on your phone and retry.  Why it can’t retain courses in the watch is beyond me, I am sure it used to. I used to only use an iPad for syncing which would be very inconvenient to lug up to the tee every time. This issue needs to be resolved.

• Absolutely spot on.  It has taken me nearly a year, with ‘IT crowd’ responses from Garmin, to work out myself that the Golf app downloaded courses are invisible to the watch.  Only the CONNECT app downloaded courses are looked for, perfectly logical, why would you download golf courses in a golf app and expect them to be used by a watch!?!? Bizarre app design. They need to make the watch look at both lists of courses on Connect AND Golf OR remove the ability to download courses in one or the other. Simple change to make life easier for everyone.

• You just fixed it for me. Thank you