This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive unable to upload golf course

device find desired golfcourse but after upload nothing changes.. the course first ever uploaded is used.. :(
  • @davidhare, please post to the forum rather than reporting a post. Otherwise, only the moderators see your post. Thanks.

On behalf of
    daviddhare has reported a post. Reason:

how do you download courses? I cant find a place to download them on garmin connect. I am trying to download 1 course only to my vivoactive
  • ok second that lets us use the web instead of the phone makes life so much easier ...thanks
    '
  • I have the same issue. My question is how do you remove the courses from Garmin Connect? I have looked on the app and on the web version and cannot see an option to delete or remove courses. I currently have 7 courses downloaded on the app but can only view 5 on the vivoactive. Very frustrating. Would appreciate your help.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    I have the same issue. My question is how do you remove the courses from Garmin Connect? I have looked on the app and on the web version and cannot see an option to delete or remove courses. I currently have 7 courses downloaded on the app but can only view 5 on the vivoactive. Very frustrating. Would appreciate your help.
    i slide the course to the left on an iPhone 6 and the delete shows up on the right.
  • Remove golf courses

I have the same issue. My question is how do you remove the courses from Garmin Connect? I have looked on the app and on the web version and cannot see an option to delete or remove courses. I currently have 7 courses downloaded on the app but can only view 5 on the vivoactive. Very frustrating. Would appreciate your help.

I was able to remove all the golf courses by clearing data for the Connect app. This did not remove any widgets or apps that I had downloaded, just the golf courses and some data that links the phone to my Garmin Vivoactive. After clearing all the data, I had to pair the Vivoactive to my phone again and log in. Then I downloaded the one golf course I was going to play next. I tried searching for files to delete only a single course, but could not figure it out. If I figure that out, I'll write another post. In the meantime, this is the only work around I know.

Here are the instructions for my Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0
    1. Click on the gear symbol for Settings
    2. Scroll down to Application Manager and select it
    3. Scroll down to the Connect application and select it
    4. Click on the 'Clear Data' button and wait for data to be cleared, then exit settings
    5. Open the Connect app
    6. Click on the menu (3 horizontal bars in upper left)
    7. Select Devices
    8. Click on the + to pair Vivoactive to the phone
  • So is it possible to remove the 5 courses from the watch and just download the course when you arrive?

Thanks but unfortunately this option isnt available on Android. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6.
  • So is it possible to remove the 5 courses from the watch and just download the course when you arrive?

I was able to remove all the golf courses by clearing data for the Connect app. This did not remove any widgets or apps that I had downloaded, just the golf courses and some data that links the phone to my Garmin Vivoactive. After clearing all the data, I had to pair the Vivoactive to my phone again and log in. Then I downloaded the one golf course I was going to play next. I tried searching for files to delete only a single course, but could not figure it out. If I figure that out, I'll write another post. In the meantime, this is the only work around I know.

Here are the instructions for my Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0
    1. Click on the gear symbol for Settings
    2. Scroll down to Application Manager and select it
    3. Scroll down to the Connect application and select it
    4. Click on the 'Clear Data' button and wait for data to be cleared, then exit settings
    5. Open the Connect app
    6. Click on the menu (3 horizontal bars in upper left)
    7. Select Devices
    8. Click on the + to pair Vivoactive to the phone

Thanks so much this worked great for me. Now I have only my most regular courses downloaded. Thank you Daverook55
  • If you go to downloaded courses then press and hold the course you wish to remove, a bin will appear with course name on it, just press and it will disappear.
  • If you go to downloaded courses then press and hold the course you wish to remove, a bin will appear with course name on it, just press and it will disappear.

Yes, "pres and hold" or "long press" on the course allows you to delete the course with the trash can icon. Thanks.
  • Yes, "pres and hold" or "long press" on the course allows you to delete the course with the trash can icon. Thanks.

Do you need more than five courses for this to work?? I installed a few courses just to test and want to delete them -- I have a total of three courses installed. I cannot delete them using the "long press" or by swiping left to reveal the delete button. I have version 2.14 of Garmin Connect. Thanks in advance!