This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• Well I did get response from CZ Garmin support saying they have nothing to do with it. When I referred to this post on the forums they said- I quote "we don't know who moderates that forum and it's not relevant". This is starting to get rather funny. I don't think I will get other response - even though I asked for escalation of my ticket...

• All,

Due to the recent activity in this thread, I am reposting a previous comment addressing this report:

"Some data can be interpreted differently between Garmin Connect and other platforms resulting in information not matching after syncing your activities. We understand that this may impact some users’ experience while using a Garmin device with Apple Health.

There are currently no plans to make changes to how information is synced through the Garmin Training API."

• Sorry @garmin-kevin, your synching is a train wreck, the biking in particular. It’s sad that it synchs to strava ok, and strava does a far better job of synching back to apple health. Was  a poor attempt at best and proves that Garmin has no idea what they are doing! Hire developers and product owners that care about customer experience, because the current batch doesnt. And I would encourage you to put down the script, you’d be a far more believable moderator. 

• in other words you're saying "f*** you" we are not going to fix it even though we know it's our problem". Noted and will be made public accordingly.

• i don't think you understand the issue, all you need to do is add a start and end time to the one stat. It worked once in the past ....Cant you just show someone in tech support this tread ? Or even look at how Strava does it... I mean to add that to the code would take minutes.

• everyone, use this link to suggest the feature (rather fixing the problem).

I spoke to Garmin and apparently there are not enough people requesting this feature. PLEASE use this link to put in a request for the feature->http://www8.garmin.com/contactUs/ideas/ 

• I really don't like the answer of Garmin-Kevin. I see why Gamin wants to push its cloud portal and have all data there. That is ok, and for sports data that makes total sense. But for general health data Apple will always have an edge. I as customer want to use both services to have best of both worlds. This way you only push your customers to Apple. Actually I really think about returning my new Edge 1030 plus now.

• A popular youtuber DC rainmaker will also be addressing  this with Garmin during his next conversation with them... Hopefully he will have better luck than us.