This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• "being looked into" is interesting, but could mean absolutely anything from fixing their HealthKit Implimentation to being able to advertise that you can now close more rings with a Garmin watch....    When last you touched on this topic you indicated that Garmin had no current plans to solve the HealthKit problems.  Are you able to update that statement?  Any chance the agent that Richny spoke to is aware of something we would call 'good news'? 

• I do hope Garmin Kev is an actual Garmin employee because we barely get any updates.  And the reason i called is because I have the Marq2 coming and really really want this to work right with Health. But ill still use the work around in the mean time.

• Any Garmin reps here that escalate this ?

• Hello .  There are no updates to the previous statement from us made in May of '22.  You mentioned (on Oct. 20th) that you "had a chat with a Garmin Rep last night", but I do not see any activity in your account.  Did you call in from a different number or start a chat session with a different email address than the one that you use for your Garmin Connect account?

While we still have no plans to make any changes to how information is synced through the Garmin Training API, please let me know if there is anything else with which I may assist.

• It's not about the Garmin API, it's about Garmin's implementation against the Apple HealthKit API. Maybe we'll get better success if we all complain to Apple, and get Apple to force Garmin to stop pretending like they have a HealthKit integration! 

• Here we go again.   There is exactly ZERO that the Garmin Training API has to do with anything in this conversation.  Nothing, not a single thing.   Your mentioning of that API is part of why people are so frustrated because now we have no idea if you understand what we are talking about.   I know you are busy, but I'm sure it would help a number of people here if you could clarify that you understand the difference between Garmin's training API and Garmin's Implimentation of Apple HealthKit (which is the only thing we are talking about).   

You have offered to help with other things.  Here is the ask:  Can you please ask someone on the engineering or product team team the following two questions:  1. "Are you aware that there are major issues with the Garmin Connect Mobile Implimentation of Apple's HealthKit API?", and 2. "Do you have any plans to fix/improve/expand the implementation of Apple's HealthKit API?"     If/when you ask them that, please make sure you only mention HealthKit and don't bring up Garmin's API in the conversation as again, that isn't involved here.  And if they respond with anything that isn't related to HealthKit, you've gotten an answer that isn't relevant.   I don't know if you can do this for us or not, but you did offer, so I'm hoping you can, and thanks in advance.     If you need more info I'd be more than happy to help.

• Garmin Kevin, this was a call in.. and this does not have to do with the API. I think that is where the disconnect is, Garmin offers Health Kit integration already, its clear in the connect app. The issue is with the time stamping. One of the activity rings in Apple health work properly the other 2 do not, Garmin just has to match...  Please if you ask or reach out to developers or the help desk at Garmin only mention HealthKit and don't bring up Garmin's API, it has nothing at all to do with API.....

That is why most of us here are frustrated, its an easy fix and most likely a over site from Garmin.

• Seeing this thread now has 23,000 views, I've made a petition. You can sign it here : https://chng.it/MTBWNzs9Fh

• Done................... Should add this to DCrainmakers site and or youtube channel... LETS GET THIS FIXED.... we spend way to much for them not to correct this properly.

And thanks for setting this up Josh

• Hello all,

First of all, I want to thank you for your diligence on making sure I understand the issue and for your concern on how this integration does or does not work for you and for other users.

I'd also like to apologize for misspeaking.  We realize that Apple does not use our API, but that we use their SDK.  Again, my apologies for the confusion on my part that led to more frustration among some of you.

Additionally, we realize that, with how things are currently configured, some Apple Health rings are not responding how most of you would like.  I have asked that we investigate this again, given the continued concerns from some of you.  So, I ask for your help on this.  If you would like to be added to this report as a concerned user, please respond with:

1. What Apple device do you own and what is the current sw? (We realize this is not relevant to the functionality.)
    2. What Garmin device do you use as your current (Preferred) activity tracker?
    3. May we have permission to access your Garmin Connect account?
    4. May we have permission to email you?
    5. In what country do you live?