This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• Yeah sync via strava or even run gap works. I just don't want to spread my data around to more companies as necessary and seeing how much a Garmin device costs and how even cheaper competitors seem to manage Health-integration I am kind of bummed out by this. Also strava removed sync once already. They put it back in but it is telling me that I also don't want to rely on 3rd party to do the job Garmin should do.

• Just to shoot your statement full of holes, data sync from garmin fails to properly update apple health, but strava updates to apple health work just fine using data pushed from garmin to strava. So the problem is garmin and your argument!

• I created support request and I think to give this better visibility we all should do that. To help I am posting the text here, feel free to re-use:

You can do so here: support.garmin.com/.../

Completing workouts, even when Garmin Connect is my only source of data and Apple health records the steps and active energy is not fulfilling the Apple health rings. This seems to be general issue, very much discussed here: forums.garmin.com/.../apple-health-activity-ring-does-not-fill-after-workout-is-completed-on-a-garmin-device

Please address the issue and come back to me with ETA, thank you

•  i also opened a second ticket, still no response.. Keep in my you still have to put your apple watch on  for a few seconds before any of the rings will update. so i would workout with garmin, and than put on my apple watch just so my activity will update. All works well except the calories, since Garmin,is missing a end time stamp in the data.

• Garmin, could it be with the specific activities we are choosing ? Im going to try to use the activity called  "other" tonight  , maybe that will make a difference. Maybe that has a start and end date in the calories data.

can anyone else confirm if you trying using other activities, does this close all 3 rings in apple health ?

• I tried many, so far none of those worked.. (cycling, gravel ride, swimming, hiking, walking, running…)

• Did you happen to try 'other' ? Or create a new workout type ? I'm a way a few days but Once i get back to my watch i will also try.

• not yet, will try as well - but I doubt that's the issue, it is likely the info out of any workout is "written" wrong and Apple Health therefore doesn't recognize it. Plus, I want this to work properly, Garmin really need to step up on SW, good HW is not that important anymore I am afraid for complete user experience.

• is this still alive? I see many submitted inputs and no closure whatsoever...

• Yes, I’ve been trying to email Garmin weekly about it, and I’m going to keep on doing it until I get a response or some type of update ..