This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device (Request for improvement on how Garmin Connect writes data to Apple HealthKit SDK)

Hello, I use my Garmin Fenix 6 for all my workouts and my Apple Watch 7 for daily use. When completed a workout, Garmin Connect synchronizes with Apple Health. Apple Health sees the workout data but does not fill the activity ring. Could anyone provide a solution to this? I see its a common problem among Garmin - Apple users. Garmin, please take care of this!! Thank you!

• Its def. Garmins issue, if the workout and stand rings update properly than the move ring needs to use the same coding they have for the other 2 rings.. something is missing, and i believe as i read else where here its the time  stamp, not having a end time.

• It cant be that difficult for a major player like Garmin to fix such a simple issue.... They can look at how the other data is set up and see whats missing ? Im sure someone at Garmin can look at this, i see so many app updates from them that they could add this in for us...Without Strava now as the middle man, Garmin will have many folks pushing for this fix now,.

• Also how can Strava do the update correctly? So it seems like a Garmin problem. 

• Is there a place to mark this as a Garmin problem, this thread doesn’t suggest a fix?

• Im trying to figure that out as well, im hoping Garmin Kevin can update us, if this fix is being looked at or something other t than point us at FAQ

• The intention of my reply to  is to see if they are officially passing the blame to Apple.

If so then I think it’s clear we can’t expect a fix despite numerous reports that point to this being Garmin’s issue.

And if that’s the case, it’s up to us customers to decide if their ignorance on this matter warrants the ditching of their hardware and ecosystem.

So, what say you ?  Can we expect anything more from Garmin on this matter other than the FAQ?

• Some data can be interpreted differently between Garmin Connect and other platforms resulting in information not matching after syncing your activities. We understand that this may impact some users’ experience while using a Garmin device with Apple Health.

There are currently no plans to make changes to how information is synced through the Garmin Training API. 

To have a complaint about this registered, please respond in the below format to be added to an internal ticket.

1. Do we have your permission to access your Garmin Connect account and add you to the aforementioned internal ticket?
    2. Please reply with a screenshot of the Activity page from your Apple Health app.
    3. Please also include a screenshot of what you see in the Apple Health app when following the path below:
      • Apple Health App > Show All Health Data > Active Energy > Show All Data > Take Screenshot On This Page
    4. Do we have your permission to email you so that we may acquire diagnostic logs from your Garmin Connect mobile app?
  • Where do we send this response?

• 1. Yes, you have my permission to access my account.

2+ hours of exercise minutes, no move ring calories

4. Yes, you have my permission to email me.

• 1. Yes you have my permission

4. Yes you have my permission to email me