This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • iPhone 11, forerunner 645 music, on my home wifi. Randomly works or doesn’t (although for some reason consistently doesn’t when I try to sync playlists/podcasts on Sunday morning for my run), some days ok some not and the issues are with sync not playing. Bluetooth connectivity is annoying but normally works eventually. Errors are totally varied and seemingly random, I get “incorrect password”, “sync failed” at various %s, sometimes stuck on 0%, etc. Sometimes the file appears like it’s there (the “remove” option is there) but it isn’t and clicking again to sync acts as if it isn’t downloaded. Happens with many audio files but I try to download new podcasts each week so is usually those.

• iPhone 11, forerunner 645 music, on my home wifi. Randomly works or doesn’t (although for some reason consistently doesn’t when I try to sync playlists/podcasts on Sunday morning for my run), some days ok some not and the issues are with sync not playing. Bluetooth connectivity is annoying but normally works eventually. Errors are totally varied and seemingly random, I get “incorrect password”, “sync failed” at various %s, sometimes stuck on 0%, etc. Sometimes the file appears like it’s there (the “remove” option is there) but it isn’t and clicking again to sync acts as if it isn’t downloaded. Happens with many audio files but I try to download new podcasts each week so is usually those.

• What kind of phone are you using? Iphone 6
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Forerunner 945 (watch)
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? the first day I got the watch, it synced two playlists. And eversince has not worked!
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? don't know I have Spotify Premium and it can't download ANY playlist - short or long ones.
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) No I have my own private internet.
    • What kind of phone are you using? Iphone 6
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Forerunner 945 (watch)
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? the first day I got the watch, it synced two playlists. And eversince has not worked!
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? don't know I have Spotify Premium and it can't download ANY playlist - short or long ones.
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) No I have my own private internet.

It won't get past syncing 0% it just stops and says syncronization failed EVERY time.. not even like 1% sync

• What kind of phone are you using? iPhone7
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Forerunner 245 Music
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? never
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? no
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) no

When selecting Add music & podcasts. Select Playlists however nothing happens

• What kind of phone are you using?
      iPhone 6 S

• What Garmin Device do you have?
      FENIX 6 PRO

• When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
      SNYCEN PLAYLIST WITH MUSIC ALWAYS – NO PODCASTS WORK! ALWAYS EMPTY FILES / NOT WORKING
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
      YES PODCASTS OVER SPOTIFY

• Are you using Public WiFi?
      FRITZ BOX at home. everything else works fine here. wifi is quite slow

• When selecting Add music & podcasts. Select Playlists works if music starts immediday and takes ages
      if podcast it syncs forever and stops … lots of battery – pls improve "podcast" snycing!!!
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+

Garmin Forerunner 945

Spotify was working 2-3 weeks ago

I am only having problems syncing podcasts. Music syncs without issue.

I am using private home wifi.

Previously I wasn't having any issues downloading podcasts. Music still syncs without issue. I have tried reinstalling the Spotify app, downloading the podcasts in a playlist, reconnecting to the wifi, restarting the wifi, factory resetting the watch and starting over, uninstalling and reinstalling garmin connect on my phone, and keeping the watch plugged in and at 100% battery near the router. None of these have worked. It looks like this thread has been dead for over a year, but seems to be similar issues. Is there any help for this?

• I tried several things and I discover what's the main cause of this annoying problem. WiFi 5Ghz doesn't work at all for synching with Spotify and also Amazon Music.

I did one last try connecting to my iPhone's 12 hotspot and checked the "maximize compatibility" option. This option disables 5Ghz Wifi. It finally started to sync my music.

Every router I tried to connect was 5ghz, that's why I was unable to sync.

I disabled 5Gz on my home's WiFi router and it's syncing again.

• I received my Vivoactive 4 on 08/02/2021. Spotify will not sync. Wifi and Bluetooth are set up correctly, and I can get Amazon Music to sync.

If there is no fix, I will need to return. It's a shame as everything else works very well.

• Using an 1phone 11 pro,

Fenix 6 pro solar

when i had my old watch fenix 6s pro sapphire. 

i've downloaded the app (spotify) on the mobile and installed in on the watch, when i started the add playlist it started syncing but the precentage doesn't move and then it says that sync fail. i've tried to restart the watch, phone, spotify everything and still it doens't sync. 

i've also tried to change connect from 5ghz to 2.4ghz still doesn't work, i've also try to hotspot from my phone and my partners phone and still dosn't work.