This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • I had the same issue with my Fenix 5x.  I didn't resolve the issue, but I did connect my watch directly to my computer and was able to upload songs onto the watch directly using a hardline.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks for the suggestion have no idea how to connect to the laptop but will look in to it 

• Your power chord. USB to the odd watch connection? 

• This week, in an attempt to remove and add a Spotify album, I discovered that the Garmin watch was still connected to an old WiFi of ours (doesn’t exist anymore). So I reconfigured the WiFi and music started playing again Smiley

Too bad it didn’t give me some message about it. But glad this worked!

• iphone 8

Vivoactive 4

Never, I bought it last week

The problem happens with all types

I am using my home wifi

• iphone 11

Fenix 6x Sapphire

Never

It will fail syncing and downloading my playlist

Home wifi

• iPhone 11

245 music

says syncing Spotify but stays on 0%

3-4 days ago

Home wifi

• Gleiches says syncing Spotify but stays on 0% Problem mit

Galaxy S7 und
    645 M.
    3-4 months ago it works.
    Home wifi.

Gibt es schon Lösungen oder kann man nur auf Updates hoffen? Danke

• I'm having this problem. I add a new playlist to sync. It gets to about 5-10% and then fails. But each time at least one more song is synced over to the watch. At this rate it will take 20+ sync attempts to get an entire playlist to the watch. Any resolution on this yet? It's been going on for over a year now!

• Setup:

• Watch: Forerunner 745

• Phone: iPhone10 (software v14.2)

• WIFI router: Huawei DG8245V

• Headphones: Bose Soundsport

Story:

I was staying in a hotel when I first purchased this watch. I tried to connect to hotel's WIFI, but couldn't because the watch cannot process the hotel's WIFI network landing page (apparently a browser or an interface is required to be able to enter the data such as Room Number and Last Name or Password).

When I was back home, I tried to sync Spotify playlists with my home WIFI network, via Huawei Router.

The watch showed “Searching for a WIFI connection”, nothing happens, Back button > Add Track, “Spotify Sync” displayed and sync percentage stuck at 0%, a couple of seconds later I got the “Sync Failed” error message.

Tried this a couple of times with the following conditions: watch is fully charged-showing 100%, devices are next to each other, GarminConnect app is open on the phone and its just a couple of inches away from the watch as well. Again, sync resulted with a fail.

Solution to the sync fail problem:

• Problem seems to be related with the WIFI Router connection.
    • I used my phone as a hotspot router.
    • Connected the watch to my phone via WIFI connection settings.
    • The watch is plugged in to charge and showing 100% charge.
    • All related devices are next to each other.  
    • I am now able to sync Spotify playlists to my watch.

What Could be Better:

• All the great companies in the world are racing with each other to establish a seamless network of IOT (internet of things).
    • We will in the very near future see that there won't even be a "WIFI connection setup" because every essential device being used on a daily basis will be connected with each other.
    • If I were you, GARMIN, I would make some troubleshooting within my company. In every GARMIN product I used, there was a major problem effecting the overall satisfaction from the product (I was a serious user of D2 as well and had a continuous Watch software crashing problem). I don't know where the problem is guys, but seriously, you got to identify the reason you're lagging behind, you got to innovate, you got to seriously think about the user experience, and adapt or you will fail. Sooner or later. These kind of connectivity issues, on 200$+ devices, under a brand name such as GARMIN? These are kill items guys. You got-to-adapt. A 200$+ GARMIN Smartwatch must be able to connect any WIFI network anywhere in the world, must be able to sync any major music provider's playlist in a matter of seconds without any issues at all. 
    • And lastly, I found the 745's sleep monitoring function very weak. The device itself has all the hardware tools it might require to be able to deeply analyze sleep quality, effectiveness, nap monitoring, automatic nap detection and etc. I don't see a reason you're lagging behind your competitors on a software level.

Thank you for reading.