This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • Problem- everything is set up except when I go to sync my playlists, 0% download and I get a “sync failed” message.

iphone XR

Garmin Venu

Spotify has never worked. This is my first time setting it up. I’m very disappointed since that is why I bought the watch.

No. Using private WiFi 

• iPhone 8

Venu

I have only just tried to use it 

I can’t play any music at have downloaded onto watch from Spotify playlist. 

The controls don’t work and it makes my watch switch off when I try to use them

I have tried on home WiFi and also on 4g

• Just purchased Forerunner 245 Music last week. All latest Garmin apps, Spotify iOS watch app and Garmin watch updates etc installed. Using ios14, and my private router is a Netgear Orbi AX6000 (Wifi 6) newest technology. Haven’t been able to sync Spotify to the watch at all, neither podcasts nor music, despite doing all the hard resets and troubleshooting steps. Tel me the issue from 7 months ago is not still a live issue? If so, I’ll probably just return this for some other hardware / software that actually works. 

• Samsung 8

Forerunner 645 Music

Just got phone yesterday.  Was able to download one item from Spotify, but now get Sync Failed and Unable to find content.

• Samsung 8

Forerunner 645 Music

Just got phone yesterday.  Was able to download one item from Spotify, but now get Sync Failed and Unable to find content.

• Hello, I successfully downloaded the app for spotify, found playlists I like, but when I hit download, it reads, "Searching for wifi" even though I know the watch is connected and the source is fast, then it yields a report stating, "No wifi connection."  I tested the connection before and after, and the watch is connected to the wifi.

I have an iPhone 8.

on a Fenix 5X watch

I just bought the watch. Spotify has never worked properly

No, the problem persists regardless of what playlist I'm trying to download.

I am at home using my personal wifi that is password protected.

• Phone: iphone 7
    Device: Garmin Venu (latest updates)
    Last time: weeks ago (not really exact, I know)
    Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? No
    Are you using Public WiFi: No

Symptom:
    1 pairing headphones is no problem
    2 selecting music in spotify library is fine (didnt update the library)
    3 press play does nothing
    repreating steps 2 and 3 will turn the screen to black -> no response when swiping the screen, no response on single click of buttons, holding buttons still works so a restart is possible (and required)

Please help, playing music is the reason I upgraded my Garmin device.

• Hi, new out of the box Fenix 6X Sapphire, I updated the watch and Spotify in Connect IQ store, logged in to Spotify in Connect app, I see my playlists on the watch, we I choose "add", the watch goes "Searching for Wi-Fi Network" most of the time it says NO INTERNET CONNECTION, if you go back to playlist selection and choose "add" again the watch goes "Searching for Wi-Fi Network" then when press "back" while it's searching and press "add" again, I get another screen with "Spotify logo" / "Syncing Spotify" text/ the wifi network symbol and "0% Complete". After 5 second returns "Sync Failed" on black bg. Sometimes I get "sync failed" in red text same style as "no internet connection" message

• I have exactly the same problem

• Uninstalled the Spotify app as it stopped working completely now it won’t let me reinstall it