This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • iPhone XR

Garmin vivoactive 3 music

Jabra elite active 65t

Playlists show up on watch and headphones say connected but nothing plays when I hit play - it reverts to paused again. Changing the playlist doesn’t help. Spotify updated on watch but no change, others all up to date. It worked last week after I’d re-paired the headphones (had a different issue where they kept disconnecting and reconnecting if the activity screen on my watch was active)

Using either home wifi or phone hotspot 

• iPhone 6

Vivoactiv 3 Music

A month ago

It works from time to time, but most of the time it seems to have a bug. When I hit play, nothing happens, it doesn't even let me go to the menu where I can delete the downloads.

I'm using private WiFi

• What kind of phone are you using?  iPhone 11 Pro
    • What Garmin Device do you have?  fenix 6s Sapphire
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?  never
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? sync fails everytime 
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) no, updated firmware Netgear Orbi on 2.4ghz
  • I have successfully installed Spotify and linked to my Spotify account. I can see my personal playlists in the Spotify app on the watch. When I try to download any playlist or other content, I get a message that says, "Syncing Spotify". But progress never proceeds past 0% complete. I then get a message that reads, "Sync Failed."

• What kind of phone are you using? iphone SE
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Fenix 6S Sapphire
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? It has never worked correctly.
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? No.
    • Are you using Public WiFi? No. Private password-protected wifi network.
  • What kind of phone are you using: iPhone 7

What Garmin Device do you have: Garmin Music 245

When was the last time Spotify worked correctly: my issue is intermittent. Sometimes music/podcasts sync fine, other times it gets stuck on say 58% and then just says 'Sync Failed'. But this happens 3/5 times. Sometimes it just randomly works and other times not at all.

Specific audio file: podcasts

Are you using Public WiFi: No, home WiFi.

• What kind of phone? iPhone 6s

What garmin Device? Vivoactive 3 music

When was last time Spotify works? It works with some playlists, every time I try to download a podcast it stalls at 99% and after a ton of time says “sync failed.”

Specific audio file? It only occurs with specific group of files: podcasts

I am not using a public wifi 

I have tried deleting all my other downloads. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify.

I bought this watch specifically for the Spotify capabilities. Disappointed.

• It took me over an hour with multiple retries to finally download one podcast.

iphone7

forerunner945

hasent worked correctly

no

no

• Trying to set up Spotify on my new Garmin venu. I have an iPhone 11. Was able to download the app and get the prompt to come up that tells you to sign in to Spotify. After I sign in, it goes to a page that has me agree to the terms and conditions. Once I hit agree, the screen goes away and nothing happens. Watch is still telling me to sign in. I’ve tried this about ten times with the same result. 

• What kind of phone are you using? Iphone 7
    • What Garmin Device do you have? 6X Sapphire
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? Never
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? I only tried spotify
    • Are you using Public WiFi? no
  • iPhone 11

Venu watch

Was working fine up until the last cpl times I went to use it. When connected to headphones and playlist screen is on watch, the play button won’t work. It will skip songs and go to menu. It seems as though every other feature works except play. So songs won’t ever start playing. 

A recent issue is the headphones not connecting.