This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • same issue here. Everything seems to work fine when you add the Spotify App onto your watch. In my case vivoactive4. But playlists don’t sync and if they magically do, you cannot play anything. This is really a dealbreaker for me if not fixed very quickly.

• What kind of phone are you using? iPhone 7S
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Vivoactive 4
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? 2 weeks ago
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific AudiFile? No. Nothing works anymore
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) no. Home WiFi. 
    • What kind of phone are you using? Iphone 8 plus
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Vivo active 3 music 
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? 4 months ago
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? its keeps saying either "incorrect password" Or "Sync Failed" 
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) No personal. 

Please help as I bought this watch for the music and it just wont work  
  • 1). iPhone 6+

2)  vivosmart 4

3). It was working properly until 8am yesterday, 29/5, malaysia time

4)  I don’t understand this question

5)  no

• I try to sync and everything seems alright up to 80-98%, it then gets stuck and after a while says “sync failed”. Although on some rare occasion they work.
    A failed pod episode is marked with “remove” option in the add-new menu (doesn’t appear in the edit menu). But when clicked doesn’t ask to remove but resumes sync on same % as previously failed (and fails again).
    • iPhone 6s
    • Forerunner 245 music
    • Haven’t noticed the issue until 2-3 months ago
    • Mainly podcasts (75+ mins) affected
    • My secure home WiFi 
  • Dear Matthew

I have the same issue here

Wlan registrated correctly, can synch the whole data (training, steps) but Spotify is not working properly..

Phone Device

- iPhone X

Garmin Device

- Fenix 6 Pro

Last time spotify worked correctly?

- Never

Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?

- No

Are you using public Wifi?

- No

- Secured home Wifi (2.4 & 5.0)

I notice the whole issue is listed since more than 3 months ago, do you have any news?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

• Vivoactive 3 Music. It worked fine for three months. Today it refused to play music. I can get to the screen where it lists my Spotify playlists, but when I tap on a playlist, instead of then showing the playlist title with the play arrow all it does is show the play arrow, and taping the arrow achieves nothing. My phone is an iPhone and works fine. 

Any advice on how to make it work again would be appreciated. I already tried turning the watch off and on, syncing it with the phone, and syncing it with the laptop. 

• What kind of phone are you using? Iphone 6s

What Garmin Device do you have? Vivoactive 3 music 

When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? 5 days ago

Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? Specific App - Spotify

Are you using Public WiFi? No, my personal Wi-Fi 

• Same issue here.

What kind of phone are you using? Iphone XR

What Garmin Device do you have? Vivoactive 4s

When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? Never. Failed to sync any music to the watch - gets stuck at 0% sync and then fails.

Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? Specific App - Spotify (also tried Amazon Music, same issue).

Are you using Public WiFi? No, private WiFi

Spent hours trying to install, uninstall, reinstall the different music provider apps to see if I can get it going and still not successful. This is one of the main features of the watch - how can it not work?! What do we do from here? I can't see much response from Garmin?

• Description of mode of failure: Download and setup worked correctly. Downloading playlist is the problem. Stays at 0% syncing, while draining (very importantly) the battery (1% per minute or so). Then, after a while (probaly 5 minutes or so), "Sync Failure" error screen appears on display.
    • What kind of phone are you using? iPhone 11
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Fenix 6 Sapphire
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? Never tried it before, just yesterday tried to download.
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? Don´t Know
    • Are you using Public WiFi? No, private (home).
  • I don't think this is the phone app that is the problem.  It's the app on the watch itself.  I have a Venu.  Gets about 0-4% sync finished and stalls.  Every time.  I've done everything with it.  Keeps happening.  Watch replaced under warranty.  Replacement watch...same thing.