This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • My 645 tells me that my spotify content has expired after I select a playlist like I always do. When I connect to wifi I hold down, then hold up, then enter which allows me to select spotify. But when u select spotify it brings me back to the “play “ menu which then tells me my spotify content has expired. I am in a circle.

• I have a Fenix 6. I do not have a Spotify account, not have I ever used it on my watch. I use music I downloaded to the watch. This morning I am unable to listen to music because my watch states I need to login to Spotify on the Garmin app. I can’t bypass it to get to my music. Very frustrating 

• iPhone 7. 

Issue: it’s not possible to set the sound louder or less loud with music downloaded from spotify.

• Hi There, 

• phone IPhone X iOS 13.3.1 (up to date)
    • Device: Fenix 6 Safire with wifi and Spotify Spotify premium account. 
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? Uploaded one playlist around January 1st. 

• Now Spotify first tries to connect the watch to the WiFi, 50% of the time this works first time. 
      Once connected I select any playlist, even one with only one track. The playlist begins to sync and either stays on 0% or says sync failed. 

• Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? Only been trying to Spotify multiple playlists. 

• Are you using Public WiFi? No home WiFi. Tried on two routers. 

• any ideas???

• IPhone 8 Plus, Garmin runner 245, Spotify has never worked on my device, using home wifi.

Instal Spotify and no log in window or connection occurs on my watch 

• Update! 

I kept trying, even turning my router to only 2.4ghz versus that and 5ghz. no joy! Tried hot spotting from my phone, no luck 

I noticed I kept getting errors when trying to uninstall and reinstall Spotify on the garmin connect and the connect iq apps. Spotify would forever be in the queue and never install. 

Finally uninstalled the connect iq app and then I reset all settings on the watch. Note it wasn’t a factory reset just the reset all settings. 

Without then reinstalling the iq app on the phone I installed Spotify via garmin connect only via the in app interface and not taking the advice to install the app. 

Spotify seems to be working now. Connects to wifi very well and syncs each time no problem. I’ll see what happens when I finally install connect iq. 

• Hi 

I am using and iPhone 11 and I have a Fenix 5S Plus. Since I moved to iPhone 11 in December SPotify stopped working. It does not work with any playlist in Spotify I'm trying to download. I never use public WiFi for download I have a WPA2 network at home.

• # iPhone 6s,   iOS 13.1.2

# Fenix 6 Pro

# Never - Just bought my watch and have spent at least 2 hours trying to make it work. Yesterday I was able to sync one playlist but the list was incomplete.

At first I couldn’t set up my sporty premium account without getting the message “There was a problem getting you signed in!” Trying to authorize in GCM app.

Then problem with WiFi connection, and problem syncing playlist. Several times it wouldn’t pass 89% sync without disconnecting to WiFi.

# Problem not specific to audio file

# Private - home WiFi

• Hey Matt,

It appears that the server/host is having issues. I have a Fenix 5 plus. I have iphone, and have tried it on Garmen Express. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. With a hard reset of the Fenix in between. When I get prompted to sign into Spotify it just says error, through chrome/or safari. Everything is up to date, and was working flawlessly before 2 days ago. I kicked me out, and I had to re-signin. Any suggestions? or just hold tight while you guys look for a server/host issue?

• Just unpacked my New forerunner 645 Music, 

But Can not Connect to Spotify! Keeps telling me that “there is a problem getting you signed in”

iPhone xs on my private wifi