This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin connect keeps logging out since last update iOS

Ever since the last update 3 days ago, Garmin connect keeps logging me out of my mobile app and I have to reconnect and re-sync my Fenix5 with the app. It is very frustrating. 
I am on an iPhone 11pro and all software up to date. 

• One more for the list of frustrated users. Ever since I upgraded to an iPhone X I find I have to re-sign into Garmin Connect and "re-pair" my Forerunner daily TriumphRage !!

• I got this workaround  from Garmin Support

"UPDATE! A potential workaround has been discovered:

As a workaround, please force-close the app when asked to sign-in again, then relaunch the app.

After relaunching the app, you will not be asked to sign in again but will need to touch 'Skip' when they are asked to select a device. At that point, the app will return to the MyDay screen and the customer will find that their device(s) is/are already paired and Connected.

Please note that these steps will not permanently resolve the issue. The issue will still likely occur again at a later time but will prevent the need to sign in and re-pair the device each time."

• 'Solution' for me is:

1) Open Garmin App after phone has been off. It will ask you to log in. Ignore this and kill the app (double tap home and swipe it away).

2) Reopen the Garmin app. It will now ask you to select your device. Just tap Skip at the bottom. Then Skip again. Then I tap 'Fitness' option on the 'what will you use this device for'.

3) It should now bring you to the main app page with all your existing devices still connected.

Running iPhone 7 with latest iOS and Garmin Connect App version.

Thanks

• I can confirm that this ‘works, as a temporary workaround which is magnitude less annoying than logging in every day. But it’s still very annoying that Garmin doesn’t seem to want to fix the underlying problem...

• ‘works’ on an iPhone SE with iOS 13.2 and a Forerunner 935...

• I’m struggling to link my vivosmart4 to my garmin account since yesterday. It logged me out and since then after logging back in several times all my data from the last few months has been cleared and I am unable to sync my device again. I know there have been problems with logging people out but is anyone having trouble re-syncing?

• I've got the same issue, was annoying the crap out of me when it lost the stored signin and device connections, yet to try the recent workaround though.

• Same problem. Plus it loses my customizations to the My Day screen. Getting pretty tired of this 

• I am also having the issue of being logged out of battery gets low. 

• I don't know if it's the same.. .or probably same issue... everytime I tried to sync. my activities, it keeps asking me to log-in to Garmin Connect... it's getting annoying each activity I have to reconnect and login back to Garmin Connect...