This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect distance syncing to Apple health

Despite my original thread now being closed with the text that:

"This was resolved in the latest version of the Garmin Connect App (4.24)"

Unfortunately I have updated to this version and whilst the original issue has been resolved there is still an issue with incorrect distance going to Apple Health in some cases.

Essentially, if only distance from the activity tracker is being synced then the distance data sent to Apple Health is correct.
However as soon as you log a run the distance is again incorrect, it looks like it is adding the run distance data twice or something.
For example, here are my stats from yesterday, a 10km run and 17,957 steps
When I look at the steps data I see this in Connect, 17.52 km for the combined 10km run and the distance
from steps.
However look at the data sent to Apple Health it is incorrect with 26.1km:
Which can be seen was synced from Garmin Connect to Apple:
The original forum post which is now closed reported this issue near the bottom of the logged comments:
As others have commented, the data is fine unless you log a run.
Also if you change type from run to walk and then re-sync then apparently the issue goes away (I haven't tried that)
Thanks

• Garmin very stupid!!!!

I confirm that I’ve your issue and they closed the post with “solved” ??????

• What’s odd is that since I contacted Garmin again on this yesterday... the past 10 days have disappeared from Apple Health. 

Distance was there yesterday (see the screenshots in the other thread) but now it’s just deleted. Today’s is there, but then nothing back to the 26th October. 

• I don’t have any data before november 

it’s crazy 

• This is crazy.

Yesterday, it deleted the previous days' data (going back to the 26th October. And continued to over-state the total byt the distance of the run activity. But today, it hasn't deleted yesterday's (incorrect) data.

Honestly, this issue has been going on for 6 months. The Garmin representitive was quick to close the previous thread minutes after release of the new version of Garmin Connect claiming "it's resolved"' but two days after threads pointing out that it's not resolved at all and we've still got radio silence. As I've said before, if the Garmin reps aren't willing to participate properly on here, using the excuse that it's a user forum, then they should stay off of it altogether and leave it to the users. The 'hit and run' responses to selected threads just antagonises.

• I surrender. Switched off sync of “distance walk/run” and “training”.

used rungap to take data from garmin to health (pay 9 eur for year)

now I’ve all my training, perfect view on them (map, lap...) but in distance walk/run have only distance by my run (rungap doesn’t import steps of every day)

this is the best I can 

• Yep agreed this has not been solved. I’ve turned off the sync now until they fix it properly. 

• I don’t believe in them anymore.

this is not the first time that we’ve same issue (health sync).

I have garmin 935 only since 2 years ago and in this period I see this for 2-3 times.

Considering that each time they keep months to fix it, how many months I had the feature works properly?

also workout are not sync properly, each time I fix this with rungap app (pay but I’m sure it’s work)

• Ah so it’s not in my settings then, I noticed the same issue that the sync to health is double distance. Hope they fix that soon should not be difficult?

• Same issue for me, garmin activities sync double distance in health, not fixed.

• Add, I close and re-open sync between GC and Health and seems I lost my data before last month.

Health display only last 30days data

Don’t think it’s right