This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect distance syncing to Apple health since last Connect update

Since I updated to the latest Garmin Connect ISO App yesterday, version 4.21, the distance data going to Apple Health is completely incorrect, in fact incorrect data for the last month back to 25th June was pushed to Apple Health, with 50-60km distance being synced for each day as per the screenshot below.

Steps data is correct, just the distance is incorrect, not sure what data this is, looks like the weekly total or something.

Anyone else seeing this error?

• I do.

Today for example after waking up I pretty much only prepared before doing indoor cycling at home.

I have a 645 running 5.74 beta.

Here you can see two bugs, plus one:

1. the distance calculated from Garmin is totally off
    2. the ending day time is wrong (22:59 instead of 23:59)
    3. not on screenshot, but it seems cycling distance is saved on “walking/running distance” on Apple Health instead of its proper specific “cycling distance”.

For the 2nd note that I’m in Italy, GMT+2, with DST on.

• Definitely something going on. Just tried reinstalling the app but no joy. First sync of the day at 07:30am and whilst only 272 steps, already 51.4km distance. My Garmin 235, the Connect app and the Garmin website show 0.2km distance

• Yes, I’m seeing exactly the same issue. I just crossed the street and Apple Health reports 2km of running + walking distance... I checked the previous days and it’s definitely off by quite a bit.

I have the 645 Music with sw version 5.70 (1517997)

• I saw this on July 25th and last night July 27th.  Both days there was a garmin connect upload at 11:59 pm. Distance approximately 12-14 miles.

I was was sleeping and have not put in any distance beyond 3 miles in weeks. 

• I have the exact same issue with my vivosport. Software 4.00, on Apple 8 with iOS 12.4. App version is 4.21.0.19

• Still having incredibly high walking+run distance from Garmin Connect. 

In the meanwhile I disabled Garmin Connect as a source for that category of data in Health.app.

Garmin DOES NEED someone with an iPhone to test data passed to Apple Health in various scenarios and world regions. There are so many bugs, longstanding or new, to be able to trust Garmin Connect as a source for health data in the Apple ecosystem.

• Yep I think turning it off in Apple Health is the only option currently. Looks to be an issue with the newest 4.21 Connect IOS App as the issue started directly after I updated and I have never had this issue before. Would presume we will need another update to fix it and it wont go away by itself.

• Same problem for me ! Between 80kms and 100kms a day since 26 of june!

The problem is the link between Health iOs application and Garmin app... 

is someone can fix it ?

• Hmm yep exactly the same date mine starts going crazy with huge distances. Not sure whether anyone from Garmin is reading this. I am going to try an email with the error to their support email.

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 4 years ago

Yes, same problem here ... absurd numbers reported to Apple health from June 5th ...  from 85km to 118km ... tried chatting with the support online but got turned away ... because “I’m on a different continent” “different servers” bla bla bla, so much for an international company ... my next watch would be Coros, longer battery life and the support cannot be worse then this.