This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• iOS 13.2 and GCM 4.24.2.2 fixed the sync for me. Update to iOS 13.2.2 was done afterwards. Hopefully Livetrack stability is now fixed as well. 

• The new version of Connect has, so far, solved the issue for me. Weather widget started working immediately, and the two activities I’ve done since then synced no problem  

I am only just now updating iOS, so 13.2.2 definitely hasn’t had any impact on this. For me, this confirms what Garmin had stated privately that it was their issue to fix rather than an iOS issue for Apple to fix; despite some of the allegations on here. 

• Same here - I concur (The Garmin GC update fixed the issues for me).

Hoping all still works after update iOS.......

• lj50: do the phone-call notifications work?

for me it solved all other things but suddenly do not get any notifications about phone calls. Checked all settings (in BT, in app,..) and all is the same as before and still nothing.

and noticed sometimes I have to toggle BT on/off to see the watch in Connect app - shows as “not connected” although notifications work

• To be honest, I don’t pay a lot of attention to notifications. All I can say is that I’ve seen no change in behaviour. Email, calendar and messages previews all still appear to be working exactly as they were a few hours ago.

• Just updated to iOS 13.2.2 and now Garmin Connect and Edge 810 won't sync anymore. Was just working yesterday before the updated. Tried updating to 4.24.2 with no help.

Will try uninstall, reboot, rest and reconfigure to see if it helps.

• Just tried removing Connect App on iOS. Deleting conection on Edge 810. Reinstall , re-connect to bluetotth. Everything says it is connected but get the red exclamation point Device Connection Error and every upload fails.

Not sure what else to try now except get a wahoo.

• Garmin Forerunner 945, iPhone 11 Pro,  Garmin Connect App all on most recent Firmware/software/IOS. Deleted App, Removed Watch, restarted phone reinstalled App, added watch back and workouts, activities will not sync automatically or manually. Watch shows connected but sync hangs at the 3 o’clock position then will go full circle like it completed the sync but in device list watch has red exclamation point for synch error. Notifications are being transmitted to the watch from the phone and when GC App is open it displays HR and steps but will not sync. Repeated the delete and reinstall process 3 time to include powering down the watch and powering it back on. Still no sync of activities to GC or workouts from GC to the watch. 

• Damn. I’m on an iPhone 11, and have a FR 945 with the most recent firmware, and Garmin connect update. These recent Garmin updates seem to have fixed my sync and weather issues.  That said, I haven’t updated to latest iOS...

• My iPhone XR, software version 12.4.1 is now able to finally synch with my 945. Hope I don’t need to go through Garmin Express anymore.