This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• And I’ve got a GCM update ! So I’m the space of 24 hours a fw update for the watch (945 v3.30), an iOS update and an application update. If the issue is resolved I’ll never know which one fixed it! (And of course it may have required all three changes to remediate!)

• Yes... everything is working again... 
    Only I get strange wheater predictions: 2 degrees... but in reality there are 10 of these degrees...  weather is nog working fine...
    (Netherlands)

• For Fenix 5 there was no FW update. Did not update IOS to 13.2.2 but just updated Garmin Connect and syncing started to work.

So for me it was GCM update.

Currently updating IOS to 13.2.2 so I’ll see if that breaks it again or not.

EDIT:

after upgrading to IOS 13.2.2. syncing works but now I do not receive the call notifications anymore.

This is now getting really ridiculous. Fix one thing break another! 

• Disappointed! My old FR225 worked fine until a few weeks ago but will still not sync or pair. Was going to get myself an F6 but now I will not until this is fixed. Firmware, iOS and GC are all updated. 

• First run back since updating. Watch synced to GC mobile immediately. Weather seems to be updating (however chance of rain reads 0 in the current window and 10% in the hourly window). After my run, my heat acclimation went up from 0-19% after having dropped 100% over the last couple of weeks due to lack of functioning weather. Weather and sync seem good so far on my end. 

• I'm on 4.24.1.4. Updating to iOS 13.2.2 fixed syncing for me. (Actually I found out about it accidentally after my Fenix 5 auto saved a run.)

Anyway, sync works as well as all notifications. So it seems that 's link to The Verge article 8 days ago was correct: that iOS 13 was  killing background apps frequently. iOS 13.2.2 fixes that problem. This certainly sounds like an Apple problem and never was a Garmin problem.

As for non-working notifications, the sticky ATTN: iOS Users with issues...should be able to help.

Good luck and update to iOS 13.2.2.. I hope it works out for you too.

• I don’t think the background app issue was the whole story, as it wouldn’t sync activities when the app was open. It may have affected the weather sync though.

I’ve updated my app but not IOS; so far so good, but annoyingly I have a bout of man-flu so can’t properly test it!

Since you’ve done the opposite with success, then maybe Apple and Garmin have independently managed to solve whatever issue there was. Must be frustrating for Garmin developers if that’s the case, as they may have spent hours on it unnecessarily!!!

In the end, as a user I have expensive hardware from both companies, and think I have a right to expect them to work as advertised. It’s not my job to know how and why it works; just make it happen!

• Same here in Switzerland with Fenix 5 S and IPhone X

• My 945 is again disconnected and won’t reconnect without toggling Bluetooth on the phone (iOS 13.2.2, GCM 4.24.2.2). The issue isn’t fixed.

• Actually it did just reconnect itself. So there appear to be a stack of workarounds in place for a couple of issues : 1)  Bluetooth unreliability 2) background apps getting aggressively terminated in iOS 13 (memory management issues)