This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• By the way Traveller, your Wi-Fi workaround has been a lifesaver!!!

• Yes, worked for a few days but then it stopped again this morning......

• I have just had an update from Garmin support team, thought it worth sharing...... (don't get excited - no date or commitment, but a little progress)

The most recent update that I have on the issue is that the the cause has been identified and they are in the process of testing the solution. I am still not able to provide a specific date for when the next update will be released. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing Garmin

• Thanks for the update - the issue is big enough, and irritating enough (I about lost my mind this weekend not being able to sync a very long trail race!!), I have to imagine it's "all hands on deck" fixing this.  

• SOLVED. I've had so many problems since my last Garmin update - folders where courses and activities were stored were wiped leaving instead a 'courses' and 'activity' files. I deleted these, re-booted the unit (Garmin Explore) and the folders re-appeared and I'm back in business!

• Same issue! It worked for 2 days now back to not working again! Very frustrating 

• Same issue. It worked for 2 days after the update, but isn’t working again!! Solution please???

• Same issue! It worked for 2 days now back to not working again! Very frustrating 

• The solution is dont buy Garmin.

• After my $800 Fenix 5 died (at about a year and a half) I bought a new Fenix 6 Sapphire and am now hitting sync issues.  Activities do not sync.  The only way I can get around this is to re-pair the watch and phone and then it will work for a day or so.   I've tried every suggestion here, including re-installing the latest of everything and re-pairing.  

I'm about ready to take the $900 watch back and switch to Suunto for good.   Garmin is selling VERY VERY expensive products and doing a crap job of engineering on them.  They are adding too many stupid features for casual users and ruining the experience for serious athletes.  It seems like if someone who worked at Garmin was actually an athlete and could try new builds for a week or so they would find these problems.  I seem to hit every defect they introduce...

Garmin - please fix this or I will be finding another company.