This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Thats weird because no other make of watches are having this problem, just Garmin, again ! If your dumb enough to believe that Garbage you will make a very good Garmin customer Joy

• morey000 you think so?? Garmin had at least half a year to test and fix issues under the beta developer program. If they couldn’t fix it they should have issued a warning to users not to upgrade!

And if it was Apples fault how come other manufacturers do not have the same issues? Like Suunto for example!

• As I’ve said repeatedly, if Garmin had publicly acknowledged the issue, committed to fixing it and been open and transparent with their customers then - whoever’s fault it had been - customers would have synced via Garmin Express or Wi-fi upload for a few weeks and the minor inconvenience would have been forgotten very quickly.  

But the fact they’ve been evasive - in some cases simply lying to customers about not being aware of the issue - and deflected (sending people to irrelevant troubleshooting articles, for example. Or simply hiding from these forums, for another. They were quickly on the scene when they could blame Apple for the notifications change...) has damaged trust in them and made this a big issue. Simply put, if there is a problem you cannot rely on Garmin to deal with it openly and transparently. That’s the real issue here. 

• Don’t be too quick to blame Apple. Sync issues have been around for a while. It was a recent GC that updated post iOS13 which really made things bad.

Also remember that the workarounds discusses here are all user led. I was the person who came up with the WiFi sync method and another user realised the laptop version worked. Most of us at the end of the days use mobile phones as the primary device. I’d place a bet that most people don’t use the workaround methods. Also Garmin in their infinite wisdom still don’t acknowledge the issue, nor advise customers on the workarounds. That really is where the very big fail is.

• Exactly, plus in my case I am not even on iOS 13 as I still use iOS 12 and have all the same problems and I am unable to upload.  So in my book it's definitely on Garmin's side ...

• FYI - I just had a successfull auto-upload of a Strength activity over BT - literally within seconds after ending the activity on the watch.

That hasn’t happened to me on neither of the two last versions of GCM.

Maybe Garmin has finally started to implement some successfull fixes behind the scenes?

• I just got promoted to run through first time set up again for my 945. Anyone else see the same?

• I have the iPhone 8 and problems started when I upgraded to IOS 13.3.1.  Same problems as everyone else stated.  No sync or sync errors, no sleep data, etc.

• I think it’s pointless playing the blame game anyway. Whether it’s an Apple fault, a Garmin fault or a bit of both, the fact is Garmin have a responsibility to solve it, communicating with Apple if necessary. If they’ve struggled to find the fix with all the info at their disposal, there is no way our speculation will be able to improve on that.

For my part, I bought a new Fenix 6 just after buying a new iPhone 11 Pro (both on payment plans!!!!). They worked fine from day one, including all notifications and syncing. When IOS updated to 13.1.3 it was still fine. Then the next Garmin update broke things (including on my older Garmin 645). Subsequent updates from both Apple or Garmin have failed to fix the issues consistently.

Any “solutions” people post here are at best temporary. I just hope the next Garmin update does the job.