This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Thanks for sharing.  This is the closest we have come to a timeline.  Any further details?  (i.e. an update to gc? or firmware changes?

• I wouldn’t exchange your watch unless you want to bail on Garmin (which would be understandable). It’s shocking to me that there are still support people at Garmin that don’t know this issue exists! 
    it’s a current GARMIN software issue that is happening on brand new and older devices alike. 
    In the short term simply do these things if it’s not syncing. This usually works for a day or 2 and is super fast and easy. 
    1. Fully shut down app on phone. 
    2. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone, wait a minute, turn Bluetooth back on. 
    3. Open the Garmin Connect app back up and sync. 

• Well... for the fenix 5 plus at least we now have a new firmware. Not sure if this helps. Did a long run with older firmware which obviously I synced via laptop. Let’s see how this performs.

• Received from Garmin Support:

"We have identified the issue and are working on a fix. It should be ready by mid-November. We will notify you once a solution is ready for download."

I can live with it for another couple weeks. 

thanks for solving Apple's problems for them Garmin.  (or, perhaps apple throws these things out intentionally- so that nothing pairs as well with an iphone as an apple watch)

• That assumes it’s an Apple problem. Strange no other manufacturers have the issue. Also Garmin is well known for buggy software.

• I think ‘mid November’ (two weeks) implies it’s in the next sprint :-)

• Garmin are full Of it, anyway my new Apple Watch 5 cellular arrived yesterday lunchtime and Im very happy, everything works correctly and I no longer have to suffer the sh## show that is Garmins software and management farce, as so as the new watch arrived I deleted the connect app and said goodbye, never again, a complete waste of my hard earned cash, farcical they are, I think the entire company is staffed by Skeksis

• I agree with you completely about the AW5 Cellular, and the crap show of programmers/testers at Garmin.  BUT, when you get a watch on a firmware that is stable, it's great.

I'm on my 3rd Fenix 6x Pro Gorilla Glass and it came with 3.1.  I turned off auto updates and let me tell you, this thing works GREAT.

THe whole sync/weather thing is another story and I'll have to just suck it up for a few more weeks.  But at least I know 3.1 on this watch is nearly perfect and I love it.

I love my AW and will always have it next to me as well.

• The issue with the AW is that without physical buttons, it’s not great for those of us putting in lots of miles running. Added to that, it’s not the most rugged of watches.

• I agree with you wholeheartedly on those points, which is why I want my Fenix to work out for me.  I like rugged and really dislike touch screens, as I swim a lot.