This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Ok!!! I found it! It is actually WAY simpler than everyone on here is making it. When the Garmin devices updated to 4.24.0.17, it for some reason defaulted to phone call only notifications. I did all the things people are saying to do here and none of it worked. I opened the app on my phone and went to settings / device settings / notifications / change notifications from phone call only to all notifications / sync device. Everything works again. Hope this helps!! 

• Okay!! I found it!! After trying everything suggested on here with no luck, I started digging and noticed that after he Garmin device update to 4.24.0.17, the notification default was set to phone calls only, which makes since because I was getting phone call notifications but not others. So I did this and it worked. Open app on phone / Device Settings / Phone Notifications / Change from Phone call only to all notifications / Sync device. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks for the suggestion, although I don't seem to be able to find the option you mention.  Could you double check your instruction and make sure they are idiot proof?  (I am looking at the device screen for my device, not finding Phone Notifications.)

• Have found phone notifications under sounds and alerts, but don't have the options you suggest.  have 2 settings (during activity and not during an activity)  both are set to all (options of all, calls only, calls and texts).  Nothing mentioning sync.

• once again, it won't work for long.   do a long activity and watch your sync crash and burn.  Mine was set right from the beginning.  It'll work till I do a longer activity... Then crash and burn.  WiFi sync fixes it again.

It's in Garmin Connect, hit the 3 dots at the bottom, choose Garmin Devices, your device, sounds and alerts, phone notifications.  Mine has always been to show All Notifications.

Garmin has already said the problem is on their end, quit wasting your time trying to fix this folks, you can't.

• I’m also experiencing an issue that every time I restart my phone the Garmin connect app goes through the whole new watch setup as if from new, its like it forgets that the watch is installed and I have to go through the whole setup again , so sick of this, looking for a new watch  right now, cant tolerate it any more, absolute junk

• Quit trying to fix something you can't fix.  Garmin has stated it's on their end.  Wait for an update to Garmin Connect.  Until then just sync wifi.

• I've just had the app update from the AppStore (4.24.1)

Tried to sync but had the same result.

Rebooted phone and watch, attempted sync and still the same red exclamation mark.

Seems they updated the app but didn't fix the issue. This is getting kind of ridiculous.