This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Yep it’s awesome but most folks that go for the Fenix and 945 are looking for crazy long battery life and Apple doesn’t offer that. Apple is far superior for display and software but the Garmin is geared for run tracking. My Fenix 5 will last 22 hours during an activity and the new 6 will last over 30. I run about 4-5 times a week and only charge my watch every 10 days or so.
     I agree with others who say Garmin needs to focus on function not features at this point. They know this and have gotten significantly better since they first introduced the mobile app and connected devices, BUT they still need to improve. I look at the advances they’ve made and remember how horrible it was 3 years ago. They’ve shown consistent improvements which is a good sign. 

• I'm now also having problems connecting my Stryd to the watch - it won't connect via ANT+, only bluetooth, which means I can no longer get pace / distance and power from it. Wonder if this is related to the sync problems? Seriously, a lot of expensive hardware here is currently next to useless until this is fixed. I'm so frustrated with Garmin, and I bet they won't take the Fenix back for a refund as it's been used.

• They will take it back within 30 days.  I've returned 1 and about to return another.  As it is now, you can return it as defective.

• I've often said there comes a time to freeze new features and shore up the firmware and software.  Garmin is WAY beyond needing to do that.

• So now I’m sitting with my wife’s (pink) Apple Watch on my wrist and prima-facie it seems to do ‘the basics’ and is very polished (and very pretty for followers of a less macho aesthetic ...). However Garmin’s functionality really is better from a sports instrumentation and tracking perspective - eg HRV based threshold detection, pro-pace and run-dynamics/power. It’s just a shame the quality on Garmin is so bad - it really has me reassessing how much of this advanced functionality has real value compared to the value of just having workouts sync reliably (and don’t get me started on map rendering issues on my 945...)

• I agree with you, I prefer Garmin, love the transflective lcd, the per second HRM, but the system is so unreliable its unsustainable, I need reliable gear, I need to be able to view my heart rate 24/7 as I have an arrhythmia and use my watch to watch for spikes or drops, if Garmin cant get a grip on these issues which they seem unable to do then I must unfortunately jump ship, these issues with software are now long-standing and nobody seems able to take control at garmin, as such although not perfect I am looking at the Apple watch as although battery is not as good it seems reliable in what it does and thats what I want, its a shame but what can one do ?

• I can confirm that. Really annoying beside the sync issue. 

• The problem exists on longer lasting activities. Tests with short activities (30 Seconds) are positive. Had a workout with 3h50m this morning. Couldn‘t sync that activity.

• I’ve seen the same. It seems to be related to the duration of the Bluetooth session in general. 

• BTW : I think I’m right in saying that these sync issues are only affecting iOS users? It could be a platform Bluetooth bug? iOS 13 (and 13.1.3 etc) are not exactly the greatest exemplars of software quality either...