This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• I’ll try this. It makes sense that it is related to notification settings as this is what Garmin have been trying to fix for the last few weeks. It seems likely that in that process, they’ve inadvertently broken something else. 

• Well, at least that is some recognition there is a problem!

• Well done for finally getting an acknowledgement that Garmin are well aware of the issues. 

Its a shame they don’t use this medium, and others, to share with puzzled customers, many of whom will be wasting hours “troubleshooting” something they can’t fix themselves. 

• So they know it’s an issue and are working on it. There are no solutions right now other than plugging your device into a computer and letting it upload. 
    mom sure they will come up with something with Apple but they said they don’t know when?  

• I’m also working with support and even been directed to upload my entire Garmin folder to them off the watch. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

• Yet they told me on Tuesday, categorically, “this issue has not been reported to us”. They’ve been responding to anyone who asks on Twitter saying “oh no, sorry you’re having an issue” and directing them to pointless troubleshooting pages for unrelated problems. If they were “looking for other examples” then they could have asked for them instead of trying to cover up the problem.

Honestly, they’ve turned a minor nuisance into a major source of dissatisfaction. If they’d said to me “yes, sorry. We have an issue and are trying to resolve it”, then I wouldn’t have be at all bothered. Wait a few days and it’ll be fine. If they’d posted on here, many users wouldn’t have wasted precious time trying to fix it themselves, no doubt getting more and more frustrated as they did. 

Really, it’s an entirely avoidable customer service failure. 

• Good to hear they’ve finally acknowledged the issue. Surely the first solution would be to roll back the update to the previous version while they sort out what went wrong....

• I am having the same issue with my fenix 5 syncing my running activities. I have to connect my watch to my laptop/Garmin Express. My issues started on 10/19/19. 

• same here with Fenix 6. the edge 830 no problems. is anyone from Garmin looking at this?