This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Same for me, my Fenix will connect to the phone and the app and everything but activities sync :( (steps, hr etc). SO Frustrating!!! This just started happening 5 days ago after the update.

• Does anyone know if this has been reported to Garmin and if not how do we do that?

• I think this is an APP issue, because since I updated the CONNECT APP from 4.23 to 4.24, the sleep data stopped at October 17.

• Yes, I have. And other users have said in this thread, and others, that they have done so too. People have reported it on Twitter also but are being fobbed off with a “sorry to hear that”. 

There is a link to support at the top right hard corner of the screen on these forums. I’d encourage everyone to try and log that (although it appears their live chat isn’t working...) as posting on here is absolutely pointless. Us users can’t help each other when this needs Garmin to fix it. They pay no attention to these forums so really logging a ticket is the only way to ask for a fix. 

• Add me to the list... iPhone 11, latest iOS and Garmin Connect.  Settings 'set' as directed by Garmin but watch still has red exclamation mark... strangely if you leave the app open it does seem to sync eventually.  Definitely a bug in there somewhere.  

• Update

after my activity, opened connect app, red exclamation mark was back.

then I opened IQConnect app, did the login.

back to connect up and sync went through like yesterday. Activity sinced ok and pushed to Strava. Red exclamation mark disappeared.

anything back in order until next time.

hope helped you

• I've found that if I go into my bluetooth devices and tap the "i" beside my Forerunner 935 and toggle the "Share System Notifications" off and then back on... my device then syncs.  I have the Garmin Connect app running while doing this... maybe a workaround until they resolve the app issue.  

• As crazy as it seems... this worked for me too!? An activity that wouldn’t upload for 3 hours, and countless attempts to sync, synced immediately after doing this. 

Thank you. since the U.K. support team denied this was an issue yesterday, Garmin have ignored two email and a Twitter DM because their support chat is down. I’m grateful that their customers are more supportive of other customers than Garmin are...

• I don't have that option in the "i" beside my device... it only gives me the option to remove the device. Are you using an IPhone?

• Thanks. I’ve still not reinstalled the IQ app. Activities seem to be syncing OK. But I can’t get routes (courses) to sync to my device unless I use a computer. So definitely still not working as it should, as this was working fine just over a week ago (before the app update...)