This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• The only reliable way I can sync activities now is to switch off both phone and watch, turn on watch and then connect via WiFi to transfer activities leaving phone off. Afterwards sync phone to watch and everything seems to work. Sadly this is a workaround and not a permanent fix.

• I recently changed my phone to I phone 11 pro.  My activities no longer sync.  I brought it to a Garmin store and they told me it is a bug and they have no solutions at hand. 

Please help! 

• I recently changed my phone to I phone 11 pro.  My activities no longer sync.  I brought it to a Garmin store and they told me it is a bug and they have no solutions at hand. 

Please help! 

• Same issue.
    Steps made: all. Bluetooth off and on, in settings bluetooth is checked, reinstall and repair watch. Nothing. Same sync problem with activity, steps, etc. Find my phone, garmin pay setup, wifi setup from phone? and who knows what more, not working. 

What is happening??? At least a feedback will be nice. 

• Try my solution. Turn it all off, and then only restart your watch. Connect your watch to wifi via the settings menu and kick off the transfer that way. At least that will push your activities. It's not ideal, but it will work at least for the moment.

• Same problem here

Fenix5x+ iPhone 11 pro max

no activities and datas synch,

notifications ok but not for sms.

what to do?

tried to reinstall both watch and phone , no positive issu.

• Follow my work around which uses WiFi sync.

• Follow my work around using WiFi sync.

• Did it, synched in WiFi, thanks a lot. Thumbsup

But now the problem between phone and watch is still there. 

Garmin is working on it?

• Who knows whether Garmin is working on it. I’d suggest you open up a support request so it focuses their minds on the issue.

At least then WiFi sync solution I have described works for the time being. Just make sure you keep your phone off whilst you do it and also turn everything off first before initiating. That will allow you to sync until hopefully Garmin pull their fingers out and fix this issue. I also hope they solve their notification issues as that is not solved completely by their present solution.