This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ATTN: iOS Users with issues after updating to iOS 13

I Am Having Issues with My Garmin Watch After Updating to iOS 13 on My iPhone

With the released of iOS 13, some changes in the way that your Garmin device communicates with your phone have changed.  Review the following symptoms which should solve your issue.

The Garmin Connect app displays the message "Bluetooth is turned off"

iOS 13 requires Bluetooth Sharing to be turned on for the Garmin Connect app.  Below are steps to enable this setting.

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Scroll down and select Connect

3. Toggle Bluetooth Sharing on

NOTE: For the best user experience with your Garmin device and your phone, the Location setting should be set to Always and all toggles should be set to on.

I Am No Longer Getting Smart Notifications on My Garmin Device

To correct this issue follow the steps below:

Check Bluetooth Settings

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Select Bluetooth

3. Under MY DEVICES select the i icon next to your Garmin device

4. Toggle Share System Notifications to on

Check Notification Settings

1. Select Notifications

2. Set "Show Previews" to Always

3. Under "NOTIFICATION STYLE" select Messages

4. Under "OPTIONS" set "Show Previews" to Always (Default)

Update your phone to iOS 13.3.1

Why Do I Need to Keep Signing Into the Garmin Connect App on My Phone?

Garmin is aware of an issue where the Garmin Connect app requires you to sign in when you open the app on an Apple phone.  This can occur when:

• The phone is rebooted
  • The battery on the phone runs out of charge
  • Some reports of the issue randomly occurring

Apple has released a software update for your phone that corrects this issue. To download and install  OS 13.3.1, refer to the following Apple instructions: Update your iPhone, IPad, or iPod Touch

1. I have done the suggestions. My texts and steps no longer syn with my Garmin watch.
  • I have issues with this as well. 

• Unfortunately, I could not persevere with this watch any longer and have returned it for a refund as it simply was not pairing. I even tested it on another iPhone which was running ios13 (as I was running iOS12) but it still would not pair.  It was becoming too frustrating to deal with and I was wasting far too much time trying to get it to work. Its a great shame as when it worked I was happy with it, but I think I am going to go for apple instead.  Hope you get yours to work.

• The latest iOS 13.3 update on my iPhone it makes me have to log in everyday on switching on my phone and have to pair my vivosmart hr+ device everyday ...this really is inconvenient !

• same issues as below wityh IOS 13.3 and garmin forunner 935, if i turn of the phone than i have to pair again all the device; in addtion this created and issue with the reading of HR of my 935 that stops working

• Similar issue with Fenix 5x+. iOS 13.3 with iPhone in t pocket keeps dropping Bluetooth

• I have a brand new GRMIN FORERUNNER 45. IT'S BEEN WORKING FINE UP UNTIL NOW BUT FOR SOME REASON IT WILL NOT PAIR WITH MY PHONE AND IT DOESN'T SHOW ON MY BLUETOOTH OPTIONS WHEN TRYING TO RE-CONNECT. I'VE TRIED ALL THE WORK AROUNDS.

THANKS

• EN SERIO ALGO TIENE QUE HACER EL EQUIPO DE SOPORTE DE GARMIN CON LA GENTE DE IOS, ES FRUSTRANTE TENER 4 EQUIPOS GARMIN Y NO PODER EMPAREJARLOS CON EL IPHONE EN CONNECT

FAVOR DE COMENTAR QUE SOLUCION LE DARAN AL TEMA, ACTUALEMNTE TENDO EL IOS 13.3 Y NO FUNCIONA EL EMPAREJAMIENTO CON TODAS LAS OPCIONES QUE USTEDES PROPONEN

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I change iPhone SE to iPhone 7 and updated iPhone 7 to ios13.3

But I can't pair my 645 music. I done everything in the top but it's can't find each other. Even format 645 and tried every possible way. It's still not work. Hopeless

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I change iPhone SE to iPhone 7 and updated iPhone 7 to ios13.3

But I can't pair my 645 music even I format try everything. It's still not work. Hopeless