This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ATTN: iOS Users with issues after updating to iOS 13

I Am Having Issues with My Garmin Watch After Updating to iOS 13 on My iPhone

With the released of iOS 13, some changes in the way that your Garmin device communicates with your phone have changed.  Review the following symptoms which should solve your issue.

The Garmin Connect app displays the message "Bluetooth is turned off"

iOS 13 requires Bluetooth Sharing to be turned on for the Garmin Connect app.  Below are steps to enable this setting.

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Scroll down and select Connect

3. Toggle Bluetooth Sharing on

NOTE: For the best user experience with your Garmin device and your phone, the Location setting should be set to Always and all toggles should be set to on.

I Am No Longer Getting Smart Notifications on My Garmin Device

To correct this issue follow the steps below:

Check Bluetooth Settings

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Select Bluetooth

3. Under MY DEVICES select the i icon next to your Garmin device

4. Toggle Share System Notifications to on

Check Notification Settings

1. Select Notifications

2. Set "Show Previews" to Always

3. Under "NOTIFICATION STYLE" select Messages

4. Under "OPTIONS" set "Show Previews" to Always (Default)

Update your phone to iOS 13.3.1

Why Do I Need to Keep Signing Into the Garmin Connect App on My Phone?

Garmin is aware of an issue where the Garmin Connect app requires you to sign in when you open the app on an Apple phone.  This can occur when:

• The phone is rebooted
  • The battery on the phone runs out of charge
  • Some reports of the issue randomly occurring

Apple has released a software update for your phone that corrects this issue. To download and install  OS 13.3.1, refer to the following Apple instructions: Update your iPhone, IPad, or iPod Touch

• I have the same problems after the last clock update (garmin marq captain) does not synchronize activities and weather. it shows me that it is connected but for nothing. notifications go perfectly

• I have the same problems after the last clock update (garmin marq captain) does not synchronize activities and weather. it shows me that it is connected but for nothing. notifications go perfectly

• Thanks Traveller. I am getting the ERROR 0300, cant sync.

• I have done all these tips and removed device and connect and added both a number of times. Still no data on connect but showing Fenix 5x plus connected 

• I have done all this multiple times and everything is set the way it should be. But my Forerunner 35 is showing me everything including things it didn’t before, but text messages. 

• I have followed all of the recommended steps and still can’t get my Fenix 5x watch to show my text, WhatsApp etc. Messages since I upgraded to iOS 13.

• I have followed all recommended steps and I still can’t get my Fenix 5x watch to display text or whatsapp messages since I upgraded to iOS 13.

• Hopefully  or the press will be affected and finger point again Garmin for the software issues they have. Suck a lack of quality assurance. I'm also affected. I have to WiFi sync with the watch (and turn off Bluetooth on the phone) or connect to Garmin express (so much for a smart watch). Syncing an activity is probably what the #1 use case of the application, wth....

This joins the various critical bugs that are happening recently (iOS health kit sync cluster ***, MFP flaky sync, Bluetooth headset flaky with Fenix 6). For e.g. the Fenix 6 got launched, the Connect IQ SDK not ready letting hardcore fan (and early adopters) out of apps/data fields/faces for at least a month. I've reported a bug on the heart rate graph being busted on Garmin Connect Android for swim workouts and it hasn't been solved by Garmin, they acknowledged it and reproduced it, opened a case for me, 2 months and NO FIXES. Such a major feature not working (the graphs shows fine on the web or iOS). 

Maybe they should release less models and focus on making a smaller set stable.

• To be fair here, this is a giant $h!t show for all companies. Hell, even yesterday my Apple Watch stopped receiving notifications for half the day for no reason. WTF?

While well-meaning, iOS13 has mostly been a complete disaster by iOS standards. Sure, there's always bugs, but never has it been this bad before. And while Apple always makes tweaks to BT and notifications, the changes on iOS13 were sweeping, requiring every device to re-auth. But collectively they didn't think through what happens if a user dismissed that initial auth request (not understanding or expecting it), or what happens if the device wasn't ready to receive that pairing request (like an Edge being powered off)?

This doesn't dismiss Garmin's other issues you noted, but for the iOS13 stuff specifically, every company has been trying to battle a moving target all summer long from Apple, and for Garmin especially - the stakes were far higher since every device ever has to be re-auth'd with iOS13. I can't even imagine what Garmni's support center call volume must look like these days.

• I agree and you right to point out that iOS 13 is a mess. Maybe it was the heat of the moment and that bugs are piling up for me :). But the velocity of addressing issues from Garmin is a bit disconcerting though...It took them 10 days after iOS 13 release to issue an email explaining how notifications changed and what you should do if you don't receive them (granted Apple doesn't make their life easy). The mail could have been sent before avoiding people piling up in the forum. (btw thanks for your great work).