This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Watch Move Ring not updated after Garmin workout.

Hi all,

I'm have Garmin Forerunner 235 and a Apple Watch series 4. I use the Garmin Forerunner for workouts and the Apple Watch for daily activity. The Garmin Connect iOS App is integrated with the Health Apps and succesfully shares workout information. The Exercise ring of my Apple Watch is updated succesfully after a workout with the Garmin Forerunner 235. However, the Move ring (calories) not.

In a other topic I read that this issue should be solved, but I still have this issue. 

Someone any idea of this problem should be solved for the Garmin Forerunner 235 as well? 
  • This workaround no longer works. Strava just changed their Apple HealthKit integration so it ONLY sends activities recorded in Strava (not recorded elsewhere like on a Garmin device and then sent to Strava). Garmin - PLEASE fix your HealthKit integration!

• Found this out yesterday and finally deleted Strava after as it’s all I was using it for.

Was really mad at Strava at first but quickly remembered it’s garmin we should be mad at!

• Agreed! It isn't Strava's issue to solve - in fact their change makes sense, as it avoids duplicate uploads from different apps. I'm on a support chat with Garmin now... Their first response was that it's an Apple issue! I pushed back on that and they're now looking into it further...

• Oh, good!  My exercise ring is updating, but not my move ring!  So weird.  Please fix it (again!), Garmin!

• This is ridiculous. Honestly, the Apple Watch's metrics are getting detailed enough that I think i'm ready to just ditch the Garmin altogether.

• I hear you ReTeedPDX, however, ditching the device is easier said than done if it's a bike computer you're talking about (Apple Watch doesn't go close there). Still, if not fixed quickly it will encourage me to look at a Wahoo or other bike computer next time I'm upgrading...

• I’m having the same issue. Hopefully Garmin will finally fix this now that Strava workaround isn’t an option

• Based largely on my frustrations with this very issue, when it came time for me to buy a bike computer, I just decided to try my luck with Wahoo. It syncs just fine with the Apple ecosystem, which tells me it’s not at much an Apple problem as it is a willingness to devote resources to playing well others on Garmin’s part. 

I ran a half marathon yesterday and got no credit for it in Fitness. I think that’ll be the last run I track with Garmin. 

• I'm experiencing the same behavior. And it seems to be Garmin's fault for writing incomplete data to Health.app.

When I compare the source data in Health.app you can notice that Strava or other apps are writing data under 'Active Energy':

Garmin Connect.app's data is lacking this information:

This must be because the data is corrupt, incomplete or missing completely.

IMHO this issue has to be fixed on Garmin's side.

• All-

If you are experiencing the Activity Ring not updating after completing a workout, please refer to the latest thread for this discussion:

Apple Health Activity Ring does not fill after workout is completed on a Garmin device

If you are experiencing a different Apple Health ring not updating/completing, please start a new thread and specify the specific ring with which you are having trouble.