This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Watch Move Ring not updated after Garmin workout.

Hi all,

I'm have Garmin Forerunner 235 and a Apple Watch series 4. I use the Garmin Forerunner for workouts and the Apple Watch for daily activity. The Garmin Connect iOS App is integrated with the Health Apps and succesfully shares workout information. The Exercise ring of my Apple Watch is updated succesfully after a workout with the Garmin Forerunner 235. However, the Move ring (calories) not.

In a other topic I read that this issue should be solved, but I still have this issue. 

Someone any idea of this problem should be solved for the Garmin Forerunner 235 as well? 
  • Are you able to perhaps post instructions on how you set your stuff up using RunKeeper as an intermediary? I know that I said I don't prefer bridging solutions but I am curious how this could be made to work reliably using the combo you describe. 

• Yikes! I said RunKeeper, but I meant the Run Gap iOS app. My apologies!

The first thing I did was reset all of the services I use (Strava, Wahoo, Garmin, etc…) to not automatically upload data to other services. Then I fired up the Run Gap app (not RunKeeper) and signed it in to all the services I care about under Accounts & Settings. The list of services they support is impressive. From there, whenever I track a run on my Forerunner, a ride on my Element, a walk or commuting bike ride on my Apple Watch, I go into Activities in Run Gap, pull to refresh, and wait till it pulls in the new activities since the last refresh. From here, you can share individually, or if you enabled Auto Sharing, it will ask if you "Want to share n new activities?" If you say yes, it will send them out to the other services.

• Guys, like all other Apple health bugs Garmin has, please take your time and 1* review the app on the Appstore. It's unbelievable that Health integration is totally broken and the app sits at almost 5* on the store.

• Any idea if Garmin will be fixing this in the future?

• Can we get an update on this issue? It’s quite frustrating to not be able to properly capture workout data in Health and close the rings as appropriate. 

• I have a Garmin Fenix6s Pro and an Apple Watch series 3.  When I run, I use the Garmin, and it updates the rings on my Apple watch which I wear the rest of the day.  Later in the day the move ring would often decrease to be just the calories burned while wearing the Apple Watch.  I solved by going into my Strava app on my phone and reconnecting my Garmin Connect with Strava - which had disappeared from the connections.  Weird workaround, but it works.

• Thanks, this worked great!

• guys sorry for being bald, but isn't the ring activity app is a native apple watch app which works 100% with apple watch?

when you remove watch app, the activity app is gone too, so think its obvious that we have left with the workarounds

• I struggled with this too, just figured it out now. A little bit of a work around but it seems to work for me. If you use Strava. Upload you work out to Strava and make sure the send to health app toggle is selected and I should do it automatically. In the app goto profile, settings, “applications, services and devices” health app then toggle send to health app. Hope this helps 

• Your suggestion worked for me.

Thank you very much!