This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Watch (activity) & Forerunner (Connect) - Closing rings in Apple Watch

Hello

It is my first post. Thank you very much to everyone because the forum is awesome

I have posted here, but if it is not the best section, please move the post

My question is to all of you who wear an Apple Watch daily and use a Garmin Forerunner (or other device) for your workouts

The question is quite simple. (I have read a lot about this, but all the info is not very updated (nothing new in the last months) so I want to know if someone has solved this)

In the past there was a problem when AW and Garmin device there used at the "same" time. The "calories" ring of the Apple Watch doesn't take into account the calories of the workouts of the garmin device. The "exercise" ring works properly. It was the same issue with Health and Connect integration

My question: is it this issue solved or not. I mean: Can I wear the Apple Watch daily and use the garmin only for workout? After de workout, the calories and minutes of exercise will be updated in the Apple Watch, closing the rings?

Thank you very much!!!
  • Works with my 920 and Apple watch 1st get. Doesn't always update from the 920 to the Apple watch immediately, but it does. Hours, duration and calories transfer and are transferred.
  • Works with my 920 and Apple watch 1st get. Doesn't always update from the 920 to the Apple watch immediately, but it does. Hours, duration and calories transfer and are transferred.

Thank you!

So the 3 activity rings in the AW are closed using both devices?
  • Did you ever get this figured out? I'm new to my Garmin, and having the same issues with the Apple Move Ring.
  • Hello - has anyone worked out a solution to this problem. I am new to Garmin and have the same issue. My data is making its way to Apple Health but is not updating the fitness / activity tracker or rings. Any help much appreciated. I have a Fenix 6.

• Hello - has anyone worked out a solution to this problem. I am new to Garmin and have the same issue. My data is making its way to Apple Health but is not updating the fitness / activity tracker or rings. Any help much appreciated. I have a Fenix 6.

• Idk if you’ve found an answer yet but an app called RunGap does this. It’s the best solution I’ve found. The only thing it doesn’t do is push the step count to the Apple Watch, though the steps will show in the health app. That’s an Apple issue though, I believe.