This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Apple Watch Move Ring not updated after Garmin workout.

Hi all,

I'm have Garmin Forerunner 235 and a Apple Watch series 4. I use the Garmin Forerunner for workouts and the Apple Watch for daily activity. The Garmin Connect iOS App is integrated with the Health Apps and succesfully shares workout information. The Exercise ring of my Apple Watch is updated succesfully after a workout with the Garmin Forerunner 235. However, the Move ring (calories) not.

In a other topic I read that this issue should be solved, but I still have this issue. 

Someone any idea of this problem should be solved for the Garmin Forerunner 235 as well? 
  • The same is happening for me: I see the exercise ring close, but not the move ring, ie. workout minutes appear to be synced, while calories do not?

• You need sync from garmin to strava and then from strava to apple health then move and exercise ring will work

• I had this very same issue for a while, but it seemed to right itself. But now that iOS 13 and watchOS 6 are out, the issue is back. Exercise minutes from my Forerunner 235 sync fine, but the active calories from a workout will either not sync at all, or it will sync, but then be overwritten by nothing. The active calorie credit from my Garmin workout never persists. I tried contacting Garmin support about this, but their chat agent immediately brushed me off and said I needed to contact Apple.

For the time being, I will use the Strava workaround in order to log the workout data, but it is less than ideal.

• I have the same issue with Fenix 6xPro. Apple support has nothing to do with this problem. If Strava, Endomondo, Runkeeper, runGap and many other apps are able to properly pass this information I don't believe there is anything wrong with apple software. It looks like the garmin connect sync to apple needs work and garming should roll the sleeves up and get it done. It is just ridiculous that in 21 century we pay more than 1000$ for device which has issues to provide basic information with the most popular phone in the world (iphone activity app).

I hope Garmin can consider this as a big floor of their app design!

• I believe this to be a Garmin issue. They don’t want to have bidirectional data. Which I think is crap. All my wahoo stuff goes both ways. 

• I am having the same problem with both a Fenix 5 watch and Garmin Edge 1000 cycle computer.  Just started in the last few days since Apple watch software update

• Same happening for me with runs on my Forerunner 945. It used to work fine. Since it stopped working after an Apple update, I don’t see how it‘s Garmin‘s fault...

• Just checked something: it is DEFINITELY Apple’s fault, because the workout appears in the apple Activity app including the calorie total but these calories are not added to the move total!

• Hi, where you able to solve this issue?. I was "fixing" it by auto-sincking from Garmin Connect (from fenix5) to strava and then to apple health, but this gave me a duplicate training in apple health, so It wasn't really a fix. Can't find more help to solve this, unless some one could´be of any help? thanks!

• I'm noticing the same thing.  The workouts sync into Apple Health just fine and it shows the calories within the workout, but they don't count towards the Calorie Ring.

I turned off syncing workouts from Garmin to Apple Health and turned on syncing workouts from Strava to Apple Health instead.  As soon as I did that, my Move/Calorie Ring closed from my 5k run I did this morning.

So for now the Strava workaround still works but it would be nice if it would just sync it straight from Garmin.