This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Duplicate entries in Apple Health

I am on iOS 11 with the latest version of Garmin Connect. When looking in Apple Health I see lots of duplicate entries (same time and duration) from Garmin Connect in my activities. A quick Google shows people were having this issue back in 2015 but I've not seen any simple solution to stop it from happening and it is becoming more and more irritating.

I know Apple Health may not be the best application but I use it as a central repository.

Does anyone have a simple solution for this (other than buying an Apple Watch and using a Wahoo Tickr with the watch).

thanks

Alex

• This has been a problem for years and they don’t fix it. Getting ready to throw my log in the bin and find a new hardware tool

• No solution Garmin can’t fix the problem. It’s been going for years! They are crap

• Same from me. Every time I open GC for iOS it write new entries on Activity (now Fitness) App. For me, all started forActivity recorded from November 24... Previously activity are ok.

Actual Equipment:
    - iPhone 12 pro (iOS 14.3)
    - Latest GarminConnect App (removed and reinstalled just to be sure)
    - Garmin Fenix 6 Pro (fw.13.10)

• I did some tests on a new, freshly updated iphone 8. So no old data from backup or other info previously recorded: only Garmin Connect App installed. What I see is that on date November 24 i have recorded a Weight in the app... every time I open the app all the activity information from that date are recorded: so if I open GC app 10 times, i will found 10 dupliated activities entry.

So I delete the weight recorded on that date... deleted all the Health data recorded and open again, and again, and again the GC app... no more activity info are now recorded every time...

So this is a serious bug that garmin should be informed... hope my troubleshooting could be useful... and let me know if you solve like me.

• I called Garmin support and logged a ticket.   They noted there were only three cases with similar descriptions.   Not comment on the disposition of those cases.   I provided logs and screenshots and am waiting further feedback.   I propose everyone flood Garmin support.

U.S. 913-397-0872 | 1-800-800-1020
    Canada 1-866-429-9296
  • Bug is still present as of Dec/2020. iPhoneX, iOS14.3 + Fenix6Pro, v13.10 (6a3747c)

• Yes...I do have strava.   That's my workaround.  Garmin Connect -> Strava.   Strava -> Apple Health.    No Garmin Connect -> Apple Health

• Strava was what caused my duplicating entries. I disconnected Strava from Apple health and it went away. 

• Scott, do you use free strava or subscription? Thanks.