This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Duplicate entries in Apple Health

I am on iOS 11 with the latest version of Garmin Connect. When looking in Apple Health I see lots of duplicate entries (same time and duration) from Garmin Connect in my activities. A quick Google shows people were having this issue back in 2015 but I've not seen any simple solution to stop it from happening and it is becoming more and more irritating.

I know Apple Health may not be the best application but I use it as a central repository.

Does anyone have a simple solution for this (other than buying an Apple Watch and using a Wahoo Tickr with the watch).

thanks

Alex

• Well it’s March of 2020 and this bug still exists. Apparently I burned over 70,000 active calories today! Go me!

Apple iPhone XS, iOS 13.3

Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music, Garmin Connect 4.28

• Yes, I and a number of others have tickets open with Garmin but far from fixing it, they seem to be making it worse. 

A thread on here, to which Garmin reps had replied saying it would be fixed, was closed claiming it was fixed. Needless to say, that just lead to new threads pointing out that it wasn’t. It’s incredible that Garmin are so incompetent in this regard. 

• Having the same issue I contacted Garmin support and they told everything was working fine on their end and I should contact Apple. Not quite the answer I was expecting from Garmin...

• Yes, that's exactly the answer you could expect from Garmin. It is their scripted first response to any issues relating to the iOS app or iOS integration. They tried the same with me on this topic, so I did contact Apple. Debugged with them and proved it was the data Garmin was sending. So I went back to Garmin who, very reluctantly, acknowledged that the issue is on their side.

That was approx. 6 months ago and all Garmin has managed to do so far is take the issue from being the duplication of activity distance in the total Walking + Running Distance field to now this idiotic scenarios of 15-20 duplicate entries a day in Active Calories, Distance, Workouts, etc.

I was told on Friday that "nothing" I can do except wait for a fix. No status update can be provided on the issue, I cannot speak to the team looking into it to see if there is any dat ai can provide to help. In fact they apparently have "no way at all" that thye can contact me directly, it is "impossible" (presumbly none of these people have phones or email...).

I don't expect they'll ever get it right, but meanwhile their customers will lose hours of their lives being pointlessly directed to Apple for a problem that Garmin are aware of but too incompetent to fix.

• Start 1* ing them on the App Store. That will hurt. A lot.

• yeah. I have the same issue and garmin just says contact apple.  Really not a great response. It's not the customer's job to deal with integrations. But it's easier for garmin to say that it's an apple issue.

• Similar effect on my side (in Apr 2020) - a running workout typically results in about 10 entries during the day, with a "closing" sum shortly before midnight

• Reading this thread the situation looks to me like a political and commercial battle between Apple and Garmin - I assume Garmin would have no problem assigning the necessary resources if they wanted to fix this long standing defect. I also think Garmin will loose this battle as Apple HealthKit (with its underlying HL7 FHIR standards) is about to become a major overall healthcare platform - Garmin will just find itself isolated in this market (despite otherwise good products) with customers moving to other brands. Making customer's life difficult out of commercial interests is never a good idea.