This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Duplicate entries in Apple Health

I am on iOS 11 with the latest version of Garmin Connect. When looking in Apple Health I see lots of duplicate entries (same time and duration) from Garmin Connect in my activities. A quick Google shows people were having this issue back in 2015 but I've not seen any simple solution to stop it from happening and it is becoming more and more irritating.

I know Apple Health may not be the best application but I use it as a central repository.

Does anyone have a simple solution for this (other than buying an Apple Watch and using a Wahoo Tickr with the watch).

thanks

Alex

• Forget Apple Health ;-)

Garmin is way better in my opinion, and my primary usage on this topic. If you need any functionality try search the “Garmin app store”.

• Forget Apple Health ;-)

Garmin is way better in my opinion, and my primary usage on this topic. If you need any functionality try search the “Garmin app store”.

• Reminder before you cash out 700 euros for the Fenix 7: Garmin has been unable to fix this bug for over 6 years. Vote with your wallet.

• It’s even worse than that: they also told it’s Apple’s fault even though it takes less than a minute to check how they (wrongly) write Apple Health data.

• Yea lots of other companies send data to Apple health and do NOT have that issue.  

• I have a similar problem with the same result. During the day I have an active energy of 1000kcal of which 500kcal is from exercise. But the health app loads a total of 1500kcal of active energy instead of 1000kcal. This 1500kcal is one record in the health app. It is very annoying especially if other apps have to work with this value.
    Same problem with distance, but I have solved that by disabling the import for walking and running in privacy for health app.

It's a big disappointment for me because I had other apps and watches with those that worked great.

• All-

This issue has come up in the past, but has been resolved each time with an updated version of the Garmin Connect mobile app.  Please make sure that you are running:

• GCM version 4.50.0.29
    • iOS version 15.2

If you are still having this issue after updating to these software versions, please start a new thread.