This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect app broken for Android tablets. Watch won't pair with the 4.75 release

Is the app broken for Android tablets? My watch won't pair with the 4.75 release of the app. Last successful sync was with 4.74.1

I do see the other posts in a related thread and can also see the complaints on the play store that indicate others are having the exact same problem. So I know I am not raising something new here.

But I was just on a chat with support and they said there is no known issue related to tablets. I would liked to know if Garmin is saying that the current version of the app does work with Android tablets (suggesting that I have some hardware problem) or if there is a fix coming. Does anyone have any info here?

Thanks!

• I just don't feel that we Android users are on Garmins priority list ...

That's a pretty large number of folk to let fall! As a linux user, I already find Garmin's 'corporate decision' to not develop for the platform to be annoying. If they had then decided that android was not a priority too, well, they're disadvantaging an increasing % of the user base. No, I really don't think it's that. I reckon, as someone else suggested, it perhaps points to a mess up in their pre release testing procedures. Though that'd be some mess-up  - it's a glaring bug imho.

• I'm having the same problem but with my phone. Problems started for me when agreed to use beta version. But transferring back hasn't solved it. 

• My watch same problem, since last app update, connection to watch lost & now unable to re sync with phone.  Useless without the been linked to the phone, just a fancy watch that tells the time........ 

• When will the fix be out, because this is also effecting my 645music syncing to my phone. Tried re pairing it but now it won't even find the watch. 

• I was reluctant to buy a Garmin product after they got so thoroughly hacked a few years back...... I was thinking I made the right call but now, I'm thinking I didn't.  How can you flub an incremental update so badly and then leave your customers hang to dry for so long?  I'm glad they don't make airplanes! 

• Call me skeptical but on Feb. 21 Garmin released its 4th quarter earnings for 2023.  They were up.  They also increased their dividend.  Could they be holding off on the news related to this software glitch?  Tis anyone's guess......

• This would not affect earnings or dividends for the current quarter or going forward as nothing has affected sales so far.

• Sierra Sheet, for the Connect application on mobile I am also suffering from the TOTAL disconnection between watch and mobile. I have been adhering to the Beta version of connect but I have decided Weary abandon it because it is the reason for the lack of control between mobile and watch, leaving the watch we use USELESS for our metrics for what Garmin sells it to us...WearyWeary

• Oh no!  I wish I had seen this earlier.   When is the fix coming? It's February 24th!

• Any luck fixing it? Mine wort connect to it either