This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect app broken for Android tablets. Watch won't pair with the 4.75 release

Is the app broken for Android tablets? My watch won't pair with the 4.75 release of the app. Last successful sync was with 4.74.1

I do see the other posts in a related thread and can also see the complaints on the play store that indicate others are having the exact same problem. So I know I am not raising something new here.

But I was just on a chat with support and they said there is no known issue related to tablets. I would liked to know if Garmin is saying that the current version of the app does work with Android tablets (suggesting that I have some hardware problem) or if there is a fix coming. Does anyone have any info here?

Thanks!

• Sadly it took 20 days for Garmin to respond to thousands of queries. Still the management doesn't care to give some timeline to assure the thousands of people using their products. 

• 22 days and as recently as 10 days ago some people were being told there was a problem with their watch. Poor internal communication.

• I also believe but maybe I'm wrong that it is also some Android phones that are affected. My laptop is syncing but not recording some info such as steps and intensity minutes. I haven't changed settings on my watch and checked that they are correct. So so frustrating. 

• This is not expected from credible multinational company. Even a small business responds to the issues better. Let us hope the management comes up to publically address the users to maintain the reputation of the company. 

• The damage is done and I may yet demand a refund and switch to Polar. I'm very ill and don't have time or energy for childish games.

• I was told 5 days into the problem that iPads are also affected so it could be that some phones are too. It's supposedly an architecture problem but with no response we have only to guess. I know garmin has released dud app versions in the past but the stonewalling this time and for so long is very disturbing.  I'm wondering about an internal employee problem as the cause.

• This was not likely malicious on the part of an internal employee.  As a part of an application dev team myself, this is an absolute failure of QA.  Developers normally test code so far as it doesnt just crash and blow up.  But there could be poor communication between an onshore and offshore dev team, poorly written requirements, poor code review which all led to this problem.  Notwithstanding ALL of those issues, any reputable QA team should have caught this in UAT testing.  

• I just don't feel that we Android users are on Garmins priority list ...

• Android users are in the majority worldwide where Apple is just 20 to 25 percent of the tablet market. Apple is more of a US thjng.

1. I actually had no idea what the stats where on tablet users...apple never appealed to me ...overpriced just for a brand I always thought ...I'm not techy at all ...heck i didn't really understand the post written a while ago ...ha...that's why I bought another forerunner 35 ...buttons are simple ...I tried one that was a touch screen promptly gave it to my daughter