This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect app broken for Android tablets. Watch won't pair with the 4.75 release

Is the app broken for Android tablets? My watch won't pair with the 4.75 release of the app. Last successful sync was with 4.74.1

I do see the other posts in a related thread and can also see the complaints on the play store that indicate others are having the exact same problem. So I know I am not raising something new here.

But I was just on a chat with support and they said there is no known issue related to tablets. I would liked to know if Garmin is saying that the current version of the app does work with Android tablets (suggesting that I have some hardware problem) or if there is a fix coming. Does anyone have any info here?

Thanks!

• I also mentioned in an earlier post that even though I cannot sync my Garmin watch to my Samsung tablet,  I can sync to my Samsung cell phone.   My tablet gets updated every time that my cell phone syncs.   It's awkward,  as I rarely used to keep my cell phone on,  but it works. 

• yeah good point... any method to sync your data to Garmin and you can view it on a tablet with Connect that's not currently paired to a watch if you prefer the mobile Connect environment over the web one.

• As more and more time goes by it looks more like they disabled tablet use to force the app onto your phone purely for them to gain access  to even more data and your personal life

• People who just bought their watches who don't have a smart phone would be entitled to a refund I think. Not many people but there are some, especially older folks with landlines.

• I doubt the corporation has any concerns about anything other than revenue

• You read something into that that I didn't say. I will never buy another garmin device.

• I'm thinking of an alternative, too many software glitches. ATM I  can sync to my laptop, it will download an activity but no steps, stairs or intensity.  Obviously I still can't pair to my Samsung tablet, my preferred viewing device.

Garmin is just pathetic.

• I'm one of those older people, when ist had watch downloaded on phone no problem then after the infamous update no connection.  Still unable to reconnect watch to phone.  My 3rd watch as others exchanged under gaurantee, now app not working.  Looking at other makes now..... 

• It's not just tablets, my watch lost connection after update and now will not connect...... Tried all scenarios nothing works. 

• I am currently having this issue paring my 245 with my Galaxy Tab S8 and my daughter pairing her 45S with her Galaxy Tab S9 FE.

This is infuriating.  Can anyone confirm if side loading an earlier version fixes the issue?  If so what is the last version that still pairs with tablets?